This job is no longer active
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges
Office Manager – Silicon Valley (Redwood City)
In this critical role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services team, the Office Manager will oversee the day to day functions of the Silicon Valley office, support, and liaise with consulting professionals at all levels.
The Office Manager position is a full-time role located in Silicon Valley (Redwood City) and reports to the Head of Office Management and Facilities – Americas and Asia. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
Provide administrative support to consulting professionals including but not limited to the following:
- Calendar management and travel arrangements.
- Organize client/prospect communications and marketing efforts.
- Handle sensitive and urgent information from clients, AlixPartners personnel and other contacts while exercising appropriate judgment when responding.
- Generate PowerPoint presentations and process client engagement letters
- Process expense reports and time entries.
Oversight and management of office space including but not limited to:
- Office opening, shut down, and emergency procedures.
- Hoteling and office assignments for consulting staff.
- Facility, building services and supply inventory management.
- Office efficiency analysis, improvement suggestions, and facilitation of office construction and development.
- IT services such as troubleshooting and maintaining AV equipment and server room.
- Maintenance of file system including off-site storage per firm record retention policy.
- Research of local vendors to fill office space needs in our Silicon Valley office.
Provide Support to Organizational Development and Human Resources teams including the following:
- Administer competency testing (recruiting related) as needed
- Assist corporate HR with staff onboarding/off-boarding and perform local orientation procedures
Plan and organize holiday celebrations, team-building events and client events.
Additional responsibilities as identified.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible administrative experience, including two to five years office management experience, highly preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced professional services firm environment preferred.
- High degree of professionalism in behavior and manner including leading and directing others, interfacing with the public, and fostering an “employer of choice” workplace culture.
- Ability to take initiative, exercise discretion and judgment with minimal supervision and manage confidential information.
- Highest level of integrity is required for all aspects including managing daily confidential office and personnel issues.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively communicate Company policies and procedures.
- Extremely strong organizational and computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office 2010: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing office environment.
- A positive and energetic attitude.
- Typing: minimum of 50 words per minute
- Ability to work full time in a fast-paced office environment with the flexibility to work unscheduled overtime as needed; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day