Back Market revolutionizes the way people buy tech devices. We think it's time to offer a strong and mainstream alternative to new products by making used devices more appealing to potential customers and making them accessible as a strong alternate option.
About Back Market
Founded in November 2014, Back Market is the number one European (and soon global) marketplace specializing in the sale of fully refurbished tech devices.
Their concept is simple but radical. By helping their customers discover and purchase the highest quality refurbished electronics they are creating an alternative to the mainstream behavior of always purchasing new products. Prolonging the lives of these devices has a significant global impact. E-Waste accounts for 70% of all our toxic waste! By prolonging the lives of kitchen appliances, computers, mobile devices and more, they have already saved 3,766 tonnes of e.waste since 2014 💪
The Business Development team's mission is to grow the supply of products on our site. We do this by bringing new sellers onto the platform and by growing existing sellers.
As a New Business Developer, your #1 goal will be to recruit new sellers to Back Market. You will be responsible for identifying, convincing, and onboarding new sellers who will help meet the increasing demand for refurbished goods on the platform.
Your Mission (if you accept it)
- Signing New Sellers & Growing Catalog: you are responsible for our offerings, and so you’ll keep a close eye on the biggest sales opportunities and hunt sellers to have those products online
- Building: design and implement new processes for the new business team and tools to ensure the team can work efficiently and effectively
- Partnering: build strong, efficient, and lasting relationships with our merchants & key business partners
- Onboarding: assist merchants as they integrate their products and offers on to our platform and provide them with thorough training on our tools and back office processes
- Monitoring: closely follow merchants' first steps to ensure quality standards are met and sales are taking off
- Marketing: coordinate with marketing team to define the promotional calendar and source corresponding catalogue
- 1-2 years of experience in a sales/consulting/finance position (internship included)
- Persuasiveness and persistence. You never take "no" for an answer — if you miss a flight, are you going to turn around and go home, or are you going to find a seat on the next plane, even when you've been told there are no seats?
- Conviction. You have the courage and self-assurance to stand by an idea, particularly when others are doubting you. You'd rather stick by your beliefs than be liked.
- Effective communication skills. Can you explain Back Market to a third grader? In other words, can you explain a complicated concept to an audience that has absolutely no context or technical expertise on the subject?
- Analytical, problem-solving mindset. You have a knack for breaking down complexity into its fundamental building blocks. You know how to ask the right questions and listen proactively, and you have the instinct to frame every hurdle or pain point as an exciting opportunity to find a creative and constructive solution.
- Ability to execute and be resourceful. It's important to have ideas, but are you able to translate them into reality?
- Entrepreneurial itch. You have a passion for building stuff. You are incredibly ambitious about your career and obsessed with scaling a company from zero to one. You bring energy and excellence to everything you do — you literally don't know how to not give 110%.
- Team player. Do you feel genuine happiness for others' successes, especially when they have absolutely no benefit to you?
- Curiosity. You have an insatiable appetite for exploring the world and learning new things. Like a sponge, you want to absorb the whole universe — nothing is boring to you. You find fascination even in the most mundane things.
- Intellectual honesty, humility, and self-awareness. You have the intelligence and professional maturity to recognize when you are wrong and change your opinion on something.
- Organization and attention to detail. You are actually bothered by sloppiness, and you get the significance of the following quote: "simplicity... comes from conquering complexities, not ignoring them."
- Passion for tech, entrepreneurship, and/or the environment. You spend your free time learning about at least one of these three subjects!
Why You Will Love Working at Back Market
- We are a mission-driven company. We are here to help solve the environmental crisis, one refurbished product at a time
- Back Makers (your future colleagues) are passionate, fun (sometimes!) and benevolent (always)
- Team lunches, happy hours, company outings (you’ll get to travel to Paris!)
- Amazing workspace in trendy Brooklyn
- 5-week vacation (and yes you will take them all!)
- Generous benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k,...)