Back Market revolutionizes the way people buy tech devices. We think it's time to offer a strong and mainstream alternative to new products by making used devices more appealing to potential customers and making them accessible as a strong alternate option.
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the World’s most innovative companies, Back Market is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to professionally-reconditioned devices. Similar to how Airbnb aggregates homeowners and travelers on one trusted platform to draw economic value from a previously underutilized asset — vacant living spaces — Back Market connects certified professionals specializing in the refurbishing and resale of used electronics with consumers looking for a more affordable, reliable, and environmentally-friendly alternative to buying new.
Freeing the planet from electronic waste, leading the shift towards a circular economy, and building a billion-dollar tech company are three solid reasons to wake up in the morning.
The Supply Department’s mission is to source great products that our customers want, working with thousands of refurbishers selling on Backmarket.com. Within the Buy&Sell Stores team, you’ll be working on Back Market’s catalog growth and improvements for non-smartphone categories by partnering with new US sellers whose main business activity is trading-in.
As Regional Lead, you will connect new sellers onto the platform, grow their business and ensure the best level of quality possible; then build the regional team of business developers, onboarders and account managers.
Your Mission (If You Accept It):
Reporting to our Head of B2S Supply you will be responsible for the following:
- Create your Supply Strategic Roadmap customized to your region’s specificities to reach BackMarket’s North Stars (quality and sales targets)
- Build a portfolio of merchant accounts and own Sales and Quality KPIs throughout the merchant journey: Seller acquisition rate, Seller onboarding time, Seller GMV, Price and Stock, Overall Seller Quality, Seller Churn, etc.
- Build strong relationships with key merchants to ensure steady growth, high levels of adoption and satisfaction
- Gather merchant feedback to identify opportunities and risks in the merchant journey
- Find smart and efficient ways to report blockers to the Supply Operations team allowing them to find solutions quickly. You are also able to create and implement new tools and processes on a shorter perspective by yourself
- Convert complex and deep dive analysis that you will lead into concrete and short-term oriented actions with strong impact
- You have 8+ years of experience with a proven track record of sales achievements
- You have a strong knowledge of the e-commerce industry and deep understanding of the marketplace business model
- You demonstrated ability to own P&L and make a business grow with outstanding results
- You are a sales killer with track record of managing a complex portfolio on an international scale and overachieving your targets
- You have preferably worked in a startup hyper-growth environment
- You are solution-oriented, focused on quick results and lean approach
- You’re a fantastic team player, thriving in an international environment
- You have proven analytical skills with proficient use of database tools (ex: SQL, big data is a plus)
Why you will love working at Back Market
- We are a mission-driven company. We are here to help solve the environmental crisis, one refurbished product at a time
- Back Makers (your future colleagues) are passionate, fun (sometimes!) and benevolent (always)
- Team lunches, happy hours, company outings (you’ll get to travel to Paris!)
- Amazing work space in trendy Brooklyn
- 5-week vacation (and yes you will take them all!)
- Generous benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k,...)