Back Market revolutionizes the way people buy tech devices. We think it's time to offer a strong and mainstream alternative to new products by making used devices more appealing to potential customers and making them accessible as a strong alternate option.
Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
Your Mission (If You Accept It): 🥇
- Lead all organic and paid creative efforts in the US
- Partner directly with senior management and the heads of marketing and communications to elevate Back Market’s story and help fully realize its potential in the US
- Create breakthrough campaigns that make the brand famous
- Oversee and help build a scrappy creative team to implement creative ideas across all work streams
- Ultimately shift consumer’s understanding of refurbished technology and help save the world
You're in The Right Place If: ⭐
- An entrepreneurial heart and a desire to jump onto any problem, solve it, then get on with things
- Experience in creating advertising campaigns across multiple channels, be it a singular stunt, a campaign, or an entire communications strategy for a brand
- Fluency across mediums, whether it be TikTok, CRM, TV or Instagram; ability to think and create in a medium-agnostic way
- Fierce passion for your craft. Whether Copywriting, Art Direction, or Design, the Creative Director should have a mastery of their discipline and use it in innovative, impactful ways, knowing when and where their craft must elevate to solve the challenge at hand.
- Superior strategic judgment
- Excellent communication skills; must be comfortable representing your work to internal stakeholders in all mediums
- Business acumen and a willingness to incorporate that knowledge into the work
- Adaptable, proactive approach to problem solving
- Phenomenal work ethic
- Ability to inspire, motivate, cultivate, and clarify
- 3+ years managing creative teams, whether in-house at a brand or with a creative agency and 8+ years mastering your discipline
- Have achieved an outstanding level of excellence in conceptualization, visual design, interaction design, and/or motion design.
- Have depth and range in all aspects of the work we do, and can skillfully lead a team of diverse disciplines with clarity, vision, and inspiration.
- Have deep experience in the US market, with an understanding of the larger North American market
- Have lead large 360 campaigns that have touched everything from TV to social
- You are tech- and platform-savvy: have intimate knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and After Effects, along with TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Podcasts
- You learn new tools quickly and deeply, and are always looking into new types of creative thinking and outputs
- You are extremely perceptive and are highly emotionally intelligent, making you agile in adapting your executive presence and approach to any audience and personality
- Proactive and energetic attitude with the desire to be a key player
- Resourceful, scrappy and creative
- Empathy for your internal team and our customers
- Comfort dealing with complex critical feedback in a way that allows you to maintain decorum and professionalism...maybe even crack a joke
- Goofin’ is part of the job
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.