Back Market revolutionizes the way people buy tech devices. We think it's time to offer a strong and mainstream alternative to new products by making used devices more appealing to potential customers and making them accessible as a strong alternate option.
About Back Market
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. We have already raised 158M€ to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting selected and certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Taking part in Back Market’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact. Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to be excited about the future of BackMarket.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Across Europe, Back Market offers our merchant sellers a series of critical services to manage their sales on marketplaces. These services range from fulfillment support to after-sales account management and device repair. You will be the leader responsible for replicating the existing European merchant services for the US, drive the adoption and develop new global services. In this role, you are both a strategist and a builder.
If you love thinking big but moving fast, always strive for operational excellence, and are motivated by environmentally friendly projects - welcome to your new home at Back Market!
Your Mission If You Accept It:
- Learn what makes our service offerings so compelling to our European merchant sellers, validate the US opportunity, and move fast to replicate these services locally.
- Identify, vet, negotiate with onboard third parties to support the delivery of our seller services.
- In 2021, you will launch & own the operations of 4 services related to: Warehouse and Fulfillment Logistics, Shipping, After-Sales Management, Device Repair
DRIVE SELLER ADOPTION:
- Support the creation and maintenance of FAQs, sales sheets, video, and other resources that educate our merchant sellers on the benefits of these services and well as support resources for our Account Managers to compellingly drive merchant sellers to adoption, our services locally. This could include talk tracks, FAQs, videos, etc.
- Participate in webinars & training sessions. You are the key contact of our supply team regarding services, able to answer their questions and raise their sales capability.
- Identify our top merchant’s users to convert them into services ambassadors.
- We can’t reveal our roadmap here, but you will be a critical team member helping to identify and build new global services.
- You are just as comfortable gathering qualitative feedback directly from the merchant sellers as you are working with a database of quantitative inputs.
- You have excellent project management skills and enjoy the little details as much as the big picture ideation.
- You always dig to get the right information and “no” is never an acceptable answer.
- You will thrive working as the single point of contact and internal expert of seller services in the US.
- ***Experience working with SQL/Tableau and Salesforce are a plus
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING AT BACK MARKET:
- We are a mission-driven company. We are here to help solve the environmental crisis, one refurbished product at a time
- Back Makers (your future colleagues) are passionate, fun (sometimes!) and benevolent (always)
- Team lunches, happy hours, company outings (you’ll get to travel to Paris!)
- Amazing work space in trendy Brooklyn
- 5-week vacation (and yes you will take them all!)
- Generous benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k,...)
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.