This job is no longer active
Back Market revolutionizes the way people buy tech devices. We think it's time to offer a strong and mainstream alternative to new products by making used devices more appealing to potential customers and making them accessible as a strong alternate option.
Freeing the planet from electronic waste, leading the shift towards a circular economy, and building a billion-dollar tech company are three solid reasons to wake up in the morning.
Founded five years ago in Paris, Back Market is the world's first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to second-hand devices. Similar to how Airbnb aggregates homeowners and travellers on one trusted platform to draw economic value from a previously underutilized asset — vacant living spaces — Back Market connects certified professionals specializing in the refurbishing and resale of used electronics with consumers looking for a more affordable, reliable, and environmentally-friendly alternative to buying new.
The Quality and Customer Care Department’s mission is to make sure our customers have the best user experience and that they have no more reasons to buy new. This means the customer experience must match (or beat!) buying brand new products at every step from easily finding and buying the product, having it delivered promptly and on time, being satisfied with the product quality, and finally providing smooth after sale service, if necessary.
A key part of this mission is to help our customers have a smooth journey with Back Market, enabling them to resolve most of their requests with a few clicks.
YOUR MISSION (if you accept it):
- You lead a team of 8 project managers based in the US and Europe, streamlining our processes and operations to drastically reduce our contact rate and create best-in-class customer experience
- You are accountable for Key Customer Care KPIs, contact rate, Customer satisfaction and Agents efficiency, you identify key projects to improve those KPIs and run those through completion with your team
- You identify and prioritize projects that will have strong impact on the customer experience journey
- Drive your projects from data driven business case and internal buy-in through completion collaborating with many internal teams
- Build strong relationship with the Technology team to work hand in hand with them
- Gather Customer Care feedback to make sure we keep capturing the Customer Voice and address projects in the right priority order
- Find smart and efficient ways to report blockers to the Customer Care team allowing them to quickly find solutions.
- Convert complex and deep dive analysis that you will lead into concrete and short-term oriented actions with strong impact
- Find the right balance between short term quick wins and long term key foundation projects
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING AT BACK MARKET:
- We are a mission-driven company. We are here to help solve the environmental crisis, one refurbished product at a time
- Back Makers (your future colleagues) are passionate, fun (sometimes!) and benevolent (always)
- Team lunches, happy hours, company outings (you’ll get to travel to Paris!)
- Amazing work space in trendy Brooklyn
- 5-week vacation (and yes you will take them all!)
- Generous benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k,...)
- You have 8+ years of experience with a proven track record of operational project management, driving high impact projects to completion (identifying / prioritizing / scoping / driving projects)
- You have 5+ years of management experience in best-in-class customer service organizations
- You have a strong knowledge of the e-commerce industry and have high customer experience expectations
- You have a deep understanding of the marketplace business model
- You have preferably worked in a startup hyper growth environment
- You are solution oriented, focused on quick results and lean approach
- You're a data driven person, you know how to define KPIs and track them to make sure you focus on the projects with highest impacts
- You’re a fantastic team player, thriving in an international environment
More Jobs on Planted
New York, NY
New York, NY
New York, NY