Back Market revolutionizes the way people buy tech devices. We think it's time to offer a strong and mainstream alternative to new products by making used devices more appealing to potential customers and making them accessible as a strong alternate option.
Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague, Berlin and Tokyo). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
About the Role
Within the Operations team, you will work in the Quality Services business unit. You will integrate the team in charge of Refurbishment Services, which help our merchants and partners repair their products with the right level of quality. More specifically, you will help us launch and develop our BackRepair service in the US. This service allows merchants to outsource their in-warranty repairs and clients to repair their devices in physical shops.
BackRepair in the US will allow Back Market to:
- Decrease its defective rate by improving the quality of repairs performed on defective devices covered by our merchants’ warranty (one-year minimum)
- Improve our customer satisfaction and loyalty by giving them faster options to repair their devices, and at a competitive price in case of out-of-warranty defect
- Diversify its sources of revenues and improve its margin rate
- Differentiate from its competitors on the Refurbished market and create strong barriers to entry
Your Mission (If You Accept It) 🥇
- Finalize the initiated call for tender and select the right partner to repair our main categories of products in the US
- Work with Back Market’s Bureau of Technology to connect the first repair partner and prepare the connection of the following ones (able to repair additional product categories) + make the feature available to US merchants
- Implement required operational processes to repair clients’ devices in shops and in the factory, for in-warranty and out-of-warranty defects
- Set up the governance structure with the US partner
- Build the US business plan, then monitor our financial KPIs (incl. attachment rate, GMV, margin) and ensure we reach our targets
- Continuously monitor operational performance (incl. customer satisfaction, repair rate, repair delay) and define action plans to improve external and internal processes (in collaboration with agent training teams) accordingly
- Work with our Innovation Lab (Back Market’s technical experts) to control and improve the quality of our repair partners
- Ensure the service adoption by promoting the service internally (notably among account managers) and externally (to our merchants)
You are in the right place if: ⭐
- You have 2-3 years experience, ideally in consulting or project management
- You have strong analytical skills. and are comfortable with Excel
- You have excellent verbal and written communication in English
- You have strong organizational skills and rigorousness
- You have the entrepreneurial spirit and love the "start-up" state of mind
- You are proactive, organized and you have high capacity to federate and work with transversal teams
- Technical expertise related to hardware (mainly smartphones, laptops and tablets) is a plus
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
More Jobs on Planted
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO)
New York, NY