This job is no longer active
Back Market revolutionizes the way people buy tech devices. We think it's time to offer a strong and mainstream alternative to new products by making used devices more appealing to potential customers and making them accessible as a strong alternate option.
Freeing the planet from electronic waste, leading the shift towards a circular economy, and building a billion-dollar tech company are three solid reasons to wake up in the morning. Founded five years ago in Paris, Back Market is the world's first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to second-hand devices. Similar to how Airbnb aggregates homeowners and travelers on one trusted platform to draw economic value from a previously underutilized asset — vacant living spaces — Back Market connects certified professionals specializing in the refurbishing and resale of used electronics with consumers looking for a more affordable, reliable, and environmentally-friendly alternative to buying new.
We are looking for our Refurbishment Operations Manager US to join our Quality and Innovation Lab teams to establish Back Market as the best technology and quality expert of the refurbishment industry. You will work closely with the Global Quality team and with the US organization and make sure our merchants’ quality stays at the highest level. As Refurbishment Operations Manager, you embody Back Market’s technical expertise and take on an ambassadorial role with internal and external stakeholders such as our clients, our merchants and the press.
Your Mission (If You Accept It):
1. Strengthen our Quality processes
- Perform regular Mystery Orders and drive third party control to assess the Quality of the Merchants
- Identify and conduct factory audits to share best refurb practices and initiate corrective action plans
- Provide technical and industrial expertise to cross functional departments and to the whole US organization on any technical defective subject
- Participate in the building of the Global catalogue of components, tools and software suites for our merchants
2. Contribute to the technological expertise and technical studies of the innovation lab
- Ensure technical studies such as component or tool qualification
- Ensure test device or part test campaigns
3. Showcase our technological expertise
- Participate as our expert to press interviews and conferences
- Design library to house technical demonstrations
- Write technical articles to be published in the top industry platforms
You’re At The Right Place If:
- You have experience in the electronics repair and refurbish industry (minimum 5 years)
- You have a deep knowledge and practice of the tools, software and repair processes of the refurbish industry
- You have passion for technology and are eager to learn about new electronic devices or new technical solutions
- You can work independently to diagnose issues and finding solutions
- You can comfortably communicate in a public setting
- You are open minded, a team player and are proactive
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.