This job is no longer active
Back Market revolutionizes the way people buy tech devices. We think it's time to offer a strong and mainstream alternative to new products by making used devices more appealing to potential customers and making them accessible as a strong alternate option.
About Back Market:
Freeing the planet from electronic waste, leading the shift towards a circular economy, and building a billion-dollar tech company are three solid reasons to wake up in the morning.
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the World’s most innovative companies, Back Market is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to professionally-reconditioned devices. Similar to how Airbnb aggregates homeowners and travelers on one trusted platform to draw economic value from a previously underutilized asset — vacant living spaces — Back Market connects certified professionals specializing in the refurbishing and resale of used electronics with consumers looking for a more affordable, reliable, and environmentally-friendly alternative to buying new.
About the Role:
The Supply Department’s mission is to source great products that our customers want, working with thousands of refurbishers selling on Backmarket.com.
At Back Market, our Seller Success Managers are pivotal to our marketplace’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing Seller Success team, and will act as the go-to resource for our valued sellers. You will be able to contribute to the overall business by enabling and supporting the growth and retention of key sellers.
In this role, your main priorities center on harmonizing the two most critical areas of seller performance on Back Market: Sales and Quality. On the Sales side, you will work with your sellers to grow their sales by skillfully identifying opportunities to grow and diversify listings, procure supply, improve pricing strategy, capitalize on product/category trends, etc. On the Quality side, you will educate and inform your sellers on the relevance and relationship of specific quality metrics to sales performance, develop and execute strategic action plans to tackle areas for improvement, expertly demonstrate the ROI to your sellers with pointed progress updates and recommendations, etc. These functions work hand-in-hand and interdependently, and the successful Seller Success Manager will locate that synergy for each seller account, will effectively articulate the comprehensive value of both, and will collaborate and consult toward long-term and lasting success on both fronts.
Your Mission If You Accept It:
- Manage a portfolio of assigned seller accounts, and own Sales, Quality, Adoption and Satisfaction KPIs throughout seller journey
- Gaining and maintaining subject-matter expertise on the refurbished devices industry and players, as well as the specific needs, pain points, and aims of your sellers
- Creating, executing and iterating on strategic success plans customized to your sellers’ specific business needs and informed by measurable outcomes and objectives
- Building relationships with key seller contacts to ensure high levels of adoption and satisfaction (think: ‘Always Be Helping;’ using a concerted communication strategy involving email, phone, video, text, social media, etc.)
- Track seller performance and analyze trends using data and tools available in the Seller Portal, Salesforce, Tableau, etc. fluently
- Gather seller feedback and identify opportunities and risks in the seller journey/experience, and collaborate with immediate management and teammates on possible solutions or necessary escalations
- Work cross-functionally within Back Market to navigate critical milestones during the Seller Journey that require additional resources (intros to leadership, Product, technical support, etc.)
- Conduct strategy calls, recurring business reviews, onsite visits/presentations tailored to seller use cases and business models
You're At The Right Place If:
- 2+ years of experience in an account management role overseeing a book of business and leading customers through change management
- 1+ years of experience using Salesforce
- Previous experience in an e-Commerce company or fast-growing start up preferred
- SQL and/or Tableau experience a plus, but readiness to learn and hone analytics skills a must
- Proven project management experience with success in managing deadlines, customers, and schedules
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues and maintain strong client relationships
- Proven success managing clients on a Sales, Success, Implementation or Support team
- Demonstrated ability and experience delivering compelling presentations and/or business reviews onsite or via web-conferencing to leaders, clients and executives
- You are tech- and data-savvy:
- You learn new tools quickly and deeply, and are always tracking down new ways to streamline, gain efficiency, and pick up new technical and data-analysis skills
- You exhibit an extreme attention to detail and meticulous organizational habits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb listening skills and the proven ability to dig deeper to uncover the seller’s true objectives
- Time management skills and a strong sense of urgency, ownership and accountability
- Orientation toward analytics and process improvement opportunities.
- You are confident in business and technical conversations, and can break down complex concepts for anyone to understand
- You are extremely perceptive and are highly emotionally intelligent, making you agile in adapting your executive presence and approach to any audience and personality
- Proactive and energetic attitude with the desire to be a key player on a results-oriented team in a fast-paced work environment
- High level of empathy - it’s important for our SSMs to be seen as trustworthy and reliable both internally and externally
- You are resourceful, scrappy and creative — if a playbook doesn't exist yet, you are excited to figure it out and build it for the whole team to use
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING AT BACK MARKET:
- We are a mission-driven company. We are here to help solve the environmental crisis, one refurbished product at a time
- Back Makers (your future colleagues) are passionate, fun (sometimes!) and benevolent (always)
- Team lunches, happy hours, company outings (you’ll get to travel to Paris!)
- Amazing work space in trendy Brooklyn
- 5-week vacation (and yes you will take them all!)
- Generous benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k,...)