Back Market revolutionizes the way people buy tech devices. We think it's time to offer a strong and mainstream alternative to new products by making used devices more appealing to potential customers and making them accessible as a strong alternate option.
ABOUT BACK MARKET:
Freeing the planet from electronic waste, leading the shift towards a circular economy, and building a global billion-dollar tech company are three solid reasons to wake up in the morning.
Founded six years ago in Paris, Back Market is the world's first online marketplace dedicated to refurbished consumer electronics. Just as Airbnb brings together homeowners and travellers on one trusted platform to draw economic value from a previously underutilized asset — vacant living spaces — Back Market connects the best sellers of refurbished consumer electronics with consumers looking for a more affordable, reliable, and environmentally-friendly alternative to buying new.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Global Account Business Development team's mission is to grow the supply of products on our site Globally. We do this by bringing new sellers onto the platform and by growing existing sellers.
YOUR MISSION (if you accept it):
- Develop and Manage a portfolio of assigned seller accounts, and own the Sales, Quality, Adoption and Satisfaction KPIs throughout seller journey
- Gain and maintain subject-matter expertise on the refurbished devices industry and players, as well as the specific needs, pain points, and aims of your sellers
- Create, execute and iterate on strategic success plans customized to your sellers’ specific business needs and informed by measurable outcomes and objectives
- Forge relationships with key seller contacts to ensure high levels of adoption and satisfaction (think: ‘Always Be Helping;’ using a concerted communication strategy involving email, phone, video, text, social media, etc.)
- Track seller performance and analyze trends using data and tools available in the Seller Portal, Salesforce, Tableau, etc. fluently
- Gather seller feedback and identify opportunities and risks in the seller journey/experience, and collaborate with immediate management and teammates on possible solutions or necessary escalations
- Work cross-functionally within Back Market to navigate critical milestones during the Seller Journey that require additional resources (intros to leadership, Product, technical support, etc.)
- Conduct strategy calls, recurring business reviews, onsite visits/presentations tailored to seller use cases and business models
- Prepare analysis via excel and or powerpoint to illustrate growth opportunities
YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE IF:
- At least 6 years of experience in an account management role overseeing a book of business and leading customers through change management
- 6 years of experience using Salesforce
- Previous experience in an e-Commerce company or fast-growing startup preferred
- Experience working for a high growth company
- SQL and/or Tableau experience is a plus, but readiness to learn and hone analytics skills is a must
- Proven project management experience with success in managing deadlines, customers, and schedules
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues and maintain strong client relationships
- Proven success managing clients on a Sales, Success, Implementation or Support team
- Demonstrated ability and experience delivering compelling presentations and/or business reviews onsite or via web-conferencing to business leaders, clients, and executives
- You are tech- and data-savvy: You learn new tools quickly and deeply, and are always tracking down new ways to streamline, gain efficiency, and pick up new technical and data-analysis skills
- You exhibit an extreme attention to detail and meticulous organizational habits
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are a self starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb listening skills and the proven ability to dig deeper to uncover the seller’s true objectives
- Time management skills and a strong sense of urgency, ownership and accountability
- Orientation toward analytics and process improvement opportunities.
- You are confident in business and technical conversations, and can break down complex concepts for anyone to understand
- You are extremely perceptive and are highly emotionally intelligent, making you agile in adapting your executive presence and approach to any audience and personality
- Proactive and energetic attitude with the desire to be a key player on a results-oriented team in a fast-paced work environment
- High level of empathy - it’s important for our SSMs to be seen as trustworthy and reliable both internally and externally
- You are resourceful, scrappy and creative — if a playbook doesn't exist yet, you are excited to figure it out and build it for the whole team to use
- You have a teamplayer mindset and excel at engaging with all levels within a company internally and externally
- Fluent in French
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING AT BACK MARKET:
- We are a mission-driven company. We are here to help solve the environmental crisis, one refurbished product at a time
- Back Makers (your future colleagues) are passionate, fun (sometimes!) and benevolent (always)
- Team lunches, happy hours, company outings (you’ll get to travel to Paris!)
- Amazing work space in trendy Brooklyn
- 5-week vacation (and yes you will take them all!)
- Generous benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k,...)
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.