Back Market revolutionizes the way people buy tech devices. We think it's time to offer a strong and mainstream alternative to new products by making used devices more appealing to potential customers and making them accessible as a strong alternate option.
Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
About the Role:
The Global Account Business Development team's mission is to grow the supply of products on our site Globally. We do this by bringing new sellers onto the platform and by growing existing sellers.
Your Mission (If You Accept It): 🥇
- Develop and Manage a portfolio of assigned seller accounts, and own the Sales, Quality, Adoption and Satisfaction KPIs throughout seller journey
- Gain and maintain subject-matter expertise on the refurbished devices industry and players, as well as the specific needs, pain points, and aims of your sellers
- Create, execute and iterate on strategic success plans customized to your sellers’ specific business needs and informed by measurable outcomes and objectives
- Forge relationships with key seller contacts to ensure high levels of adoption and satisfaction (think: ‘Always Be Helping;’ using a concerted communication strategy involving email, phone, video, text, social media, etc.)
- Track seller performance and analyze trends using data and tools available in the Seller Portal, Salesforce, Tableau, etc. fluently
- Gather seller feedback and identify opportunities and risks in the seller journey/experience, and collaborate with immediate management and teammates on possible solutions or necessary escalations
- Work cross-functionally within Back Market to navigate critical milestones during the Seller Journey that require additional resources (intros to leadership, Product, technical support, etc.)
- Conduct strategy calls, recurring business reviews, onsite visits/presentations tailored to seller use cases and business models
- Prepare analysis via excel and or powerpoint to illustrate growth opportunities
You're in The Right Place If: ⭐
- 4-6 years of experience in an account management role overseeing a book of business and leading customers through change management
- Excel/Pivot Tables holds no surprises for you
- Previous experience in an e-Commerce company or fast-growing start up preferred
- SQL and/or Tableau experience is a plus, but readiness to learn and hone analytics skills is a must
- Proven project management experience with success in managing deadlines, customers, and schedules
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues and maintain strong client relationships
- Proven success managing clients on a Sales, Success, Implementation or Support team
- Demonstrated ability and experience delivering compelling presentations and/or business reviews onsite or via web-conferencing to business leaders, clients and executives
- You are tech- and data-savvy: You learn new tools quickly and deeply, and are always tracking down new ways to streamline, gain efficiency, and pick up new technical and data-analysis skills
- You exhibit an extreme attention to detail and meticulous organizational habits
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are a self starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb listening skills and the proven ability to dig deeper to uncover the seller’s true objectives
- Time management skills and a strong sense of urgency, ownership and accountability
- Orientation toward analytics and process improvement opportunities.
- You are confident in business and technical conversations, and can break down complex concepts for anyone to understand
- You are extremely perceptive and are highly emotionally intelligent, making you agile in adapting your executive presence and approach to any audience and personality
- Proactive and energetic attitude with the desire to be a key player on a results-oriented team in a fast-paced work environment
- High level of empathy - it’s important for our SSMs to be seen as trustworthy and reliable both internally and externally
- You are resourceful, scrappy and creative — if a playbook doesn't exist yet, you are excited to figure it out and build it for the whole team to use
- You have a team player mindset and excel at engaging with all levels within a company internally and externally
Recruitment Process: 📅
- Phone interview with Matt, Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Technical test
- Interview with David Kelly (Senior Lead Global Accounts)
- Interview with Arthur Delanoe (Head of Strategic Partnerships)
- Interview with Serge (U.S. Managing Director) and Thibaud (Co-Founder & CEO)
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.