Back Market revolutionizes the way people buy tech devices. We think it's time to offer a strong and mainstream alternative to new products by making used devices more appealing to potential customers and making them accessible as a strong alternate option.
Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
About the Role:
The Supply Team’s mission is to bring to Back Market the best refurbished devices that people want, at a good price and with a level of quality which is as good as new.
To deliver this mission, the Supply Team has three main objectives:
1. Chasing and acquiring new merchants, with talented Business Developers (BDs)
2. Onboarding new merchants and guiding them throughout our platform and quality requirements, with great Onboarding Manager (OBs)
3. Helping merchants maximize their revenue while meeting our quality standards, with amazing Seller Success Managers (SSMs)
The Supply Operations Team is here to drive operational excellence by providing insights, tools, processes, and projects to help BDs, OBs, and SSM focus on high value tasks and meet their quality and sales targets.
As a key member of the Global Supply Operations Team base in New York, you will be in charge of the US market, which is currently the second largest at Back Market, with a 3-digit growth ambition in 2021 and beyond.
Your Mission (If You Accept It) 🥇
- Lead Supply Operations in the US, with a 50% Individual Contributor role and 50% Management role
- Analyse the US Supply performance weekly, deliver data-driven insights and define the action plan to help US Supply reach sales and quality targets
- Centralize and prioritize all the demands impacting the US Supply team to smooth the workload on the team, maximize the business value and give visibility to all stakeholders, e.g., Global Operations, Marketing, Country and Category, Quality, Finance and Legal
- Own the Supply side of tech and non-tech projects to address US Merchant pain points and continuously improve US Merchants’ Experience
- Work with Global Supply Operations teams to build, adapt and implement Supply Enablement processes and tools for the US: Ensuring a fast and successful New Merchant Onboarding process; Ensuring Supply meets Back Market’s Quality targets (quality of delivery, quality of products, quality of after sales service); Accompanying Merchants to find relevant and well priced offers in order to maximize sales; Running processes to minimize Merchant churn & maximize Merchant engagement along their lifecycle; Launching projects and running processes to drive Supply towards profitability and legal compliance
You are in the right place if: ⭐
- Having graduated from one of the Top Engineering or Business School in your country, you have at least 4-6 years of experience as a consultant or as a project/ operations manager
- You are available for a full time position
- You have experience working in a startup hyper growth environment
- You are not afraid of being hands-on as needed to get things done
- You have experience in team management
- You are autonomous and able to prioritize, with strong skills for transversal management
- You possess strong analytical skills, with proven ability to work with data
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You are fluent in English (note that other languages are appreciated (French, Spanish, German, Italian)
- Ideally, you have a previous experience in the e-commerce business
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
More Jobs on Planted
New York, NY
New York, NY