This job is no longer active
Balanced Breakfast is a Venture Fund that invests in up-and-coming Food and Beverage brands.
We are a fund called Balanced Breakfast. We invest in early stage CPG (Food & Beverage companies).
We have 30+ LPs – many of whom are Founder's themselves (check out our site for some of them).
We write $100k to $250k checks but just wrote our first $1MM check for Aura Bora (an AWESOME seltzer company...check them out).
I (James, the founder) also founded a company called The Hub (www.thehhub.com) 5 years ago. I still run the Hub as the CEO. I spend about 10-20 hours a week on Balanced Breakfast but it's growing quickly and I need extra help to:
- Vet deals (meet with 15-30 founders each month).
- Join me for follow on meetings with worthy companies.
- DD companies (competitors, their model, their deck, etc).
- Help lead Investor Committee meetings with our LPs.
- Help support our investments after we invest (whether that's marketing, operations, etc.).
THIS is your foothold into Venture Capital.
The ideal candidate has previous VC experience (or otherwise worked in finance and has strong financial modeling skills) and/or has prior business operations experience with CPG / Food & Beverage companies. Entrepreneurs with VC fundraising experience could also be a good fit.