This job is no longer active
Ranked the #1 fastest growing company in NY by Crains and the #7th fastest company in the country by INC Magazine, Bear Mattress is a sleep and wellness brand that helps active people sleep better, recover faster, and improve athletic performance through our line of mattresses, pillows, and accessories. Bear Products are available online and delivered direct-to-consumer.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating and executing our social strategy across all social platforms. You’ll be a strong, cross-functional partner to all departments while ensuring consistency in our brand personality and voice. We want you to connect with, engage, and inspire new and existing audiences in a way that builds interest and loyalty. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment (like, really fast) and able toggle between macro-brand strategy and day-to-day execution.
The ideal candidate is creative, meticulous, resourceful, and obsessed with storytelling and building communities. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn — asking the tough questions and ensuring that the quality of our brand message is never, ever sacrificed.
You’re the right person for this role if you are:
- Crafty and creative: you look for creative solutions and aren’t afraid to get scrappy when needed.
- A skilled storyteller with an eye for detail and design An expert at juggling multiple initiatives and prioritizing work effectively.
- Great with people, great at fostering connections, and great at building a community.
- Proactive, inquisitive, positive, and collaborative.
- A team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude.
- A strategic thinker with a desire and willingness to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life (we like to go big).
- Architect and continuously evolve a social media strategy that grows Bear’s brand affinity, engagement, reach, audience — and ultimately, conversion.
- Manage and maintain all of Bear’s social channels on a daily basis, including posting content, responding to comments and questions (we get a lot of ‘em!), and engaging followers.
- Concept and create highly-shareable original content for all of our platforms that boosts followers.
- Partner with the Growth team to create and execute paid media campaigns that drive conversation and followers.
- Build relationships with relevant influencers, brands, and organizations and work closely with leadership to define and build a strong influencer and referral program.
- Measure and report on performance at a regular cadence to make actionable and educated social content optimization decisions.
- Stay on top of and report on all developments in the digital landscape and develop an informed POV about how to best incorporate them into our current strategy when relevant.
- Be a diligent and dedicated brand steward, ensuring that all content meets our standards and guidelines and exudes our brand personality and tone across all channels.
- 2+ years of experience managing social — bonus points if it’s for a consumer brand and/or a start-up!
- Able to navigate both the creative and analytical sides of social media.
- Superb copywriting and QA skills as well as the ability to write for different audiences.
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms, including their respective strengths and demographics (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.).
- Passion for building communities and the Bear mission of improving sleep