Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Accounting Manager, Denver – Brilliant Earth
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth is hiring a hands-on Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the AP/AR departments. Additionally, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining strong AP/AR practices and procedures, and internal controls in conformity to US GAAP.
You will also be responsible for communication and implementation of these practices and procedures throughout the organization, and leading key AP/AR process improvement projects. The Accounting Manager will also support the preparation of monthly and year end close and Financial Statement production, as well as tax and regulatory filings.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of making process improvements in the within a rapidly growing finance and accounting team. The ideal candidate for this role also thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources. We are looking for a candidate comfortable operating in a very hands-on fashion, and be comfortable getting into the details of individual accounting and billing transactions. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals. This position requires on site attendance in our Denver office location. We are not accepting remote applicants at this time.
- Oversee day to day AP/AR operations
- Develop and implement internal controls and processes across AP/AR and other accounting functions to drive best practices, improve efficiencies and ensure US GAAP compliance
- Manage and develop AP/AR team
- Support month-end closing process
- Support local, state, and federal government reporting and tax filings
- Support and be an active member of project teams
- Act as a liaison between the Finance team and Sales, Operations and Marketing regarding accounting processes and procedures
- Respond to inquiries from the VP of Finance & Technology, Controller, Senior Leadership and company managers
- Support the preparation of financial statements and financial audits
- Support payroll preparation
- BS degree in Accounting preferred (CPA a plus)
- 4+ years’ experience in accounting, including at least 2 years in a managerial capacity
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and experience in applying principles in practice
- Experience in closing a general ledger and/or audit, account reconciliation, JE preparation and support
- Experience in driving accounting process improvements
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Intermediate experience with ERP systems, NetSuite a plus
- Ability to work across an organization with very good communication skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate an understanding of business operations
- Experience developing and improving internal controls
- Experience with a range of tax and regulatory filings
- Experience working with external auditors
- Experience with payroll preparation
- Retail or e-commerce experience/exposure preferred
- Ability to handle long-term projects and urgent tasks seamlessly
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Strong computer skills
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
The targeted budget for this position is $80-120k. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
More Jobs on Planted
New York, NY