Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Copywriter – Brilliant Earth
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Refinery29, and Forbes, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Austin encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
We are seeking a Copywriter to concept, write, produce and edit copy for a variety of projects for Brilliant Earth. The Copywriter will collaborate with key stakeholders to ideate and translate marketing and brand strategies into designs with clear communication in the Brilliant Earth brand tone and voice. They will work closely with the creative team to produce projects such as multi-channel integrated advertising and seasonal/promotional campaigns, digital marketing for emails/social/paid ads, marketing collateral, in-store fixtures, events, videos, blogs, as well as larger/long-term initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and be able to work cross-functionally across branded content, SEO, editorial and product content to expand our marketing efforts. We are seeking a talented and inspired writer who demonstrates cultural literacy, an ear for language and storytelling, and a passion for fine jewelry. In addition, the ideal candidate possesses excellent organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects with ease. This position will report to the Senior Director, Creative.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain a consistent brand voice and vision across all print, digital, retail, social media, and partnership/collaboration, that inspires and informs prospective and current customers.
- Manage editorial elements of projects throughout the creative development production cycle.
- Work collaboratively across Design, Merchandising and Marketing to concept, develop, and execute product launches, digital, retail and social campaigns
- Research, write and edit various levels of content (ecommerce, email, retail, video, social, paid media, blog posts, direct mail).
- Partners closely with design team to ensure copy is correctly flowed into design and finds integrated visual/copy solutions.
- Help build and maintain creative/writing style guide
- Proof copy prior to release of content, artwork, etc.
- Prioritize and manage own workload while taking ownership of deadlines across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Track project timelines and prioritize project workload and projects
- Ensure brand consistency across all creative and graphic materials
- Stay current on fine jewelry industry trends, social sentiment and competitors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 4-7 years’ copywriting experience, preferably retail, with a passion for fashion, jewelry and lifestyle branding
- Possess a robust portfolio with variety of industries and deliverables represented; ideal mix of editorial, client-side, and agency experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills with experience across both traditional and digital channels
- Experience working with marketing teams and demonstrated flexibility in management of creative execution needs, and ability to positively respond to critique/feedback
- Strong conceptual skills, critical thinking, resourcefulness
- Self-disciplined and motivated in a fast-paced environment that requires creativity and strong attention to detail
- Exceptional grammar, writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent communication and organization skills
- Analytical skills to leverage customer engagement and optimize content
- Basic knowledge of SEO and Accessibility best practices
- Fluent understanding of social media trends and best practices
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
The targeted budget for this position is $55-75k. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
More Jobs on Planted
Women's Global Leadership Initiative