Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Customer Care Manager - Brilliant Earth
The Customer Care Manager will recruit and oversee a team of dedicated Customer Care Representatives, responsible for delivering exceptional service to Brilliant Earth customers. The Customer Care Representatives are responsible for pre-sale and post-sale activities and supporting the sales process, as well as efficiently and effectively executing an excellent customer experience. As the Customer Care Manager, you will have the opportunity to develop a team and have a direct impact on the growth of the company. This role will work cross functionally with our outsourced BPO team to ensure a consistent customer experience.
Ideal candidates for this position can work a Sunday – Thursday schedule.
- Recruit, train and lead a team of Customer Care Representatives in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain an efficient and highly functional internal and outsourced team, ensuring that the team is meeting goals and a high standard of customer service
- Support individual and team growth through continuous training and real-time feedback
- Create memorable and personalized experiences for Brilliant Earth customers by guiding customers through pre-sale and post-sale activities, such as financing options, shipping options/issues, repairs, resizes, etc.
- Consistently seek ways to improve the customer experience by designing and implementing efficiency improvement initiatives
- Handle customer experience escalations, ensuring the best possible experience for all customers
- Cross functional communication with sales, production, fulfillment, and BPO partners to ensure a memorable customer experience
- Implement goals, training, and employee development within BPO contact centers
- Track and analyze BPO operational effectiveness and continuously improve key call center performance and efficiency KPI’s, including CSAT, Service Levels, and other key metrics.
- Partner with key BPO, Customer Care, Sales and Operations leaders to identify opportunities for improvement and process
- Foster a positive, team oriented and customer-focused environment for the internal and BPO teams
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for the customer. You don’t just like to help – you go above and beyond to provide the best possible experience to each customer that comes through the door.
- A drive to exceed goals. You love a good challenge! You’re a self-proclaimed “over-achiever” on a mission to help your team exceed their sales targets.
- It’s all in the details. When it comes to our customer’s biggest moments, you know it’s the little things that count the most. You have a passion for process and a keen eye for detail in a fast-moving work environment.
- Communication is Key. You have a way with words. Whether you’re interacting with a customer or teammate in person, via email, or by chat, you’re clear and concise.
- An Eye for Innovation. You’re a creative thinker who brings new ideas to the table.
- Master of Collaboration. You’re a team player. You believe that in order to transform the jewelry industry, we all have to work together!
- A Passion for Leadership. You have an open, positive, and collaborative leadership style and a desire to develop your team.
- A strategic approach. When it comes to complex business needs, you always start with the data. You have a knack for problem-solving and process improvement with an eye for enhancing the customer experience.
You’re a Great Fit if You Have:
- Demonstrated experience managing people in a customer service & support / call center environment
- Proven track record of recruiting and leading high performing and accountable teams
- BA degree or equivalent, preferred
- Robust CRM software experience
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Generous PTO Policy. We know it’s important to recharge and relax.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In addition to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
The targeted budget for this position is 65-70k base salary. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
More About Us
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. Our showroom teams offer a 1:1 appointment-based environment and engage with customers via email, chat, and phone, creating a luxury, omnichannel approach to the customer experience. In addition, our ground floor locations include a browsing area for walk-in customers. We strive to create a fun, educational, and relaxing experience in a personalized luxury environment!
We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry. We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.