Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Customer Experience Associate, Resolutions – Brilliant Earth, Denver or Chicago
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect, and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings, and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
About the role:
Our Customer Experience team is dedicated to providing an exceptional experience for every Brilliant Earth customer. The Customer Experience Associate, Resolutions, will be responsible for finding solutions for customers who are requesting additional assistance beyond the scope of our Customer Experience, Sales team. You will act as both a customer and Brilliant Earth brand advocate, working to craft creative solutions to ensure every client receives a luxury experience, above and beyond their expectations. As a member of this team, you will work cross-functionally with our Customer Experience and Operations teams in order to achieve solutions for escalated customer inquiries. You will share your learnings from customer interactions with cross functional partners, including senior leaders across the organization, for continuous improvement of our customer experience and operational processes. As a member of this team, you will be able to share in the happiest moments in our customers’ lives and have a clear impact on our company growth.
The Customer Experience, Resolutions team is currently working remotely, and this position will start in a remote capacity. When we return to our office, this position does require regular on-site attendance in our Denver or Chicago office.
The ideal candidate for this role can work a Thursday - Monday schedule, from 10 am - 7 pm MST.
What you’ll do:
- Provide solution-oriented service to Brilliant Earth customers, with a focus on exceptional luxury experiences
- Actively respond to customers who have requested to escalate an issue or speak with a manager, via email and phone communication channels
- Creatively resolve problems, working collaboratively with cross-functional partners
- Create memorable and personalized experiences for Brilliant Earth customers by providing support and responding to escalated customer inquiries
- Utilize sales and customer service strategies, and forward-thinking problem-solving techniques to assist and guide customers toward appropriate solutions
- Proactively manage review sites, including working to uphold strong ratings on public review sites, such as Yelp.
- Coach sales associates through escalated customer situations, to ensure that the team is using appropriate strategies to solve customer issues
- Contribute FAQs and scripts to our Sales Knowledge Base, in order to streamline solutions to commonly occurring issues
- Recommend changes to polices, processes, and customer communication that you believe will improve the customer experience, acting as a customer advocate with cross-functional partners
- Maintain demonstrated responsibility and accountability for meeting individual and team goals in a metrics and goals focused environment.
You’re a great addition if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in an escalations- or resolutions-focused customer facing role
- Robust customer service skills and experience working in an ecommerce or retail environment
- A dedicated desire to connect with customers, solve problems, and create lasting positive experiences with each customer interaction
- Ability to creatively problem solve, while adhering to company policy and procedure
- A focus on data-driven solutions and working cross-functionally toward continuous improvement
- Excellent, professional verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Robust computer and systems skills – experience with a CRM system or customer focused channel software system required, Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- An ability to adhere to and implement security policies and procedures regarding high value products
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible work environment
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- A team-oriented mindset with an ability to work collaboratively
- An eager to learn attitude and desire to grow in a dynamic work environment
- An interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
The targeted budget for this position is $40-55k. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.