This job is no longer active
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Fraud Investigation Assistant — Brilliant Earth (Denver, CO)
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce jewelers in the world and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Cherry Creek encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours!
We are seeking a results-driven, analytical Fraud Investigation Assistant for Brilliant Earth. In this role, you will be responsible for providing assistance in the day-to-day fraud investigation process and guiding customers through the after-sale order protection process (using our multiline phone system and via email). The primary objectives of this position are to identify fraudulent activity within order management, utilizing efficient practices and research methods. You will also be responsible for contributing administratively to the Operations department in general areas including inventory, logistics, supply chain, and fulfillment.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to follow and improve order protection processes. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals as well as our business goals.
- Responsible for analysis of order information to ensure validity of all orders.
- Research and analyze data using external resources to identify fraudulent activity.
- Execute concise and proactive documentation of operational procedures required to tackle known risk related patterns.
- Correspond with customers via phone and email to collect relevant documentation for the validity of orders.
- Maintain customer information and documentation through an ERP system.
- Analyze problems logically with a focus on attention-to-detail and confidentiality.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality and data security standards.
- Effectively communicate to others new trends and unusual cases in the e-commerce world.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Operations and/or administrative experience preferred.
- E-commerce experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated positive and results-oriented attitude.
- A dedicated desire to connect with customers, solve problems, and create lasting positive experiences with each customer interaction.
- The ability to solve complex customer situations through varied applications and/or software.
- Highly organized with a focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes.
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns.
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment.
- Ability to dive deep while demonstrating problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environments where decisions are made without compromising the customer experience or financial losses.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems preferred.
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products.