Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Human Resources Business Partner, Customer Operations
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management within our sales and customer care organization. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of HR, the HRBP will deliver value-added service to management, company leadership and employees to build and implement meaningful programs, turn ideas to action, and help bolster incredible people managers.
The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its short- and long-term vision, and its culture and competition. The core HR partnership areas include: employee development (with a focus on wellbeing and championing diverse perspectives), succession planning, performance management and development, workforce planning, employee movement, change management, and annual cycle programs (Reward, Engagement, Performance Feedback).
Day to day, the HRBP will ensure that people programs support the business needs and allow for the department to scale. This person will drive strategic initiatives while hands-on. The HRBP will navigate ambiguity, recognize when there is a need for structure, and communicate effectively. This role will play a critical part in building management capability by educating and training managers on employee life cycle processes and people management.
This is a rewarding opportunity for someone looking to grow as a leader in the people space.
- Partner with mid-level managers and senior leaders to develop and implement HR processes to support the strategic growth of the business
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Work with the broader HR team to champion and accelerate a culture in which people feel engaged and inspired to provide top business results
- Lead core HR processes (e.g., performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions)
- Guide and mentor managers and leaders to be the best people managers they can be.
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective leaders in the department
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Use data to analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions, and transfers
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identify training needs for business units partnering with dedicated training team on execution
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential a plus
- Minimum of 4 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues, preferably within a retail environment
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- A history of partner alignment to build and improve company culture and increase employee engagement
- A deep knowledge of HR programs and practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work across all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
The targeted budget for this position is $80-100k. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.