Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Inventory Planning Analyst
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Refinery29, and Forbes, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Cherry Creek encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
The Inventory Planning Analyst will be a member of Brilliant Earth’s Merchandising team and will support the development of sales and inventory forecasts and manage inventory levels on key categories. This role will report to our Inventory Planning Manager and work collaboratively with our merchandising and inventory teams to optimize our in-stock levels and to improve the efficiency of our inventory planning and allocation systems.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to drive meaningful business impact through robust analyses and data-driven decision making, cross-team collaboration, and consistent process improvements. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals.
While this team is currently working from home, this position will require on-site attendance in our Denver office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Run weekly analyses for forecasting and monthly open-to-buy reporting to determine appropriate inventory levels to meet company sales and inventory goals,
- Work collaboratively with the merchandising team to provide clear buying guidance for multiple categories.
- Apply demand planning models to determine company-wide inventory and order forecasts.
- Collaborate with our operations team to manage inventory levels at Brilliant Earth showrooms and select vendors.
- Monitor the inventory pipeline for various product categories and react to changing supply dynamics.
- Ensure optimal in-stock levels while considering seasonality, new product introductions, safety stock levels, order multiples, and lead times required for sourcing.
- Coordinate with operations team to place purchase orders and confirm delivery dates.
- Develop analyses in Excel and data analytics tool to evaluate business metrics, such as out of stock root cause, lead time accuracy, and inventory turnover and GMROI.
- Review overstock and slow-moving inventory and work collaboratively with merchandising and buying teams to identify ways to improve sell-through.
- Execute forecasting lookback analyses to determine wins and misses from various forecasting exercises. Conduct actual vs. forecast reporting.
- Support inventory planning for new showroom launches and to ensure appropriate stocking levels and allocations across showroom locations.
Specific Qualifications include:
- BA degree or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in quantitative analysis, inventory planning and/or forecasting; preferably in a retail, product or e-commerce company
- Highly attentive to details
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
- Experience with Planning and Reporting software; experience with Domo, or similar, a plus
The targeted budget for this position is $65k base salary. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
More Jobs on Planted
Women's Global Leadership Initiative