Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Jewelry Quality Assurance Specialist– Brilliant Earth
Our Operations team is dedicated to delivering excellence from the time a customer places an order to the moment a customer opens their package. The team coordinates and executes day to day operations of order processing, inventory, logistics, fulfillment, and production, while maintaining strong relationships with our partners. In this role, you will have ownership of the packaging supply chain while collaborating within a close-knit team and with external partners.
Join our team of committed problem solvers who are passionate about ensuring that every Brilliant Earth purchase meets the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct thorough inspection of Jewelry using expertise of gems, diamonds, metals and jewelry manufacturing and adhering to BE quality standards.
- Document inspection results into ERP system (NetSuite) and provide internal, cross-functional partners with repair options and costs to provide to customers.
- Review and address customer requests promptly in partnership with Customer Care team.
- Notify appropriate partners for vendor issues or reoccurring product quality issues.
- Execute quality assurance best practices to ensure inventory and finished product meet Brilliant Earth’s high quality standards.
- Meet daily processing timelines.
- Build and maintain external partner and vendor relationships.
- Assist with pre-sales and post-sales support, including processing returns.
- Assist with ordering, tracking, receiving, and processing orders.
- Formulate and implement policies and procedures to ensure smooth operation of business.
- 5+ years of jewelry experience
- Demonstrated experience and training as a bench jeweler
- Strong attention to detail in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter
- Robust computer skills, including excel
- BA degree or equivalent, preferred
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
About Brilliant Earth:
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.