Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Merchant – Brilliant Earth, Denver
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Refinery29, and Forbes, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Cherry Creek encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
We are seeking a bright, motivated Merchant to support our merchandising team in setting and implementing the strategic direction of our product and category lines. This role focuses on management of category performance, product strategy, pricing strategy/implementation as well as driving action items and special projects for the Diamonds category. The Merchant will support the Sr. Merchandising Manager of Diamonds and Gemstones, and also own revenue and gross margin for the Diamonds category. Ideal candidates will have experience in category management, cross-functional collaboration, creative problem solving, and process creation, possess robust analytical and reporting skills, and thrive in a fast-paced dynamic start-up environment. Our teams are dedicated to cultivating a joyful and luxurious consumer brand, with an emphasis on an exceptional customer experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and drive category performance including sales growth, productivity, margin, sell-through and other key metrics.
- Identify opportunities to influence category performance, including product assortment, pricing, promotions, marketing, site merchandising, showroom merchandising, and inventory.
- Run weekly and monthly reporting and conduct ad hoc analyses to evaluate product and category performance, including growth, mix and profitability.
- Run and improve on recurring analyses to evaluate pricing and margins and support decision-making process around price optimization.
- Take ownership of action item follow-up, such as working with cross-functional teams on executing price changes, product discontinuations and website updates.
- Collaborate with diamond buying team to ensure Brilliant Earth offers a compelling assortment of products that meets customer needs and optimizes productivity.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to support site merchandising and marketing decisions, such as product recommendations and featured imagery.
- Conduct competitor reviews to monitor competitor assortment, pricing, promotions and product introductions.
- Maintain accurate SKU attribute information.
- Monitor inventory levels and out of stocks, and coordinate with inventory / buying teams to adjust targets and address issues.
- Partner with Inventory Planning Team on monthly forecasting and open-to-buy reporting to determine inventory levels and guide buying efforts.
Specific qualifications include:
- BA degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of analytical experience or merchandising experience in a consumer-based retail environment. Experience in fine jewelry and/or ecommerce preferred.
- Robust knowledge of Excel and comfortable building analytical models
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to work individually and as a team player to execute projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly organized with focus on owning a project through all stages of execution
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Entrepreneurial attitude/self-starter
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
- Exposure to demand forecasting, retail merchandise planning, inventory management best practices and inventory systems a plus.
The targeted budget for this position is $75-90K. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
More Jobs on Planted
Women's Global Leadership Initiative