Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Office Coordinator, Operations - Brilliant Earth, New Jersey
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
We are seeking a bright, proactive and energetic Office Coordinator to join our New Jersey team. The Office Coordinator is at the forefront of all things related to maintaining a productive, efficient, enjoyable and safe working environment. You will manage all aspects of the office, including but not limited to managing facilities maintenance, supply ordering, I.T. troubleshooting, and keeping a close eye on anything and everything that affects the safety, performance and well-being of the staff, both internally and externally.
The Office Coordinator is adept at leading and managing a variety of simultaneous projects, which requires the particular talent of being able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. You will have growing ownership over a wide variety of functions including managing the day-to-day operations of the office, managing Personal Protective Equipment to ensure employee safety & wellbeing, providing administrative/technical assistance to the staff, supporting the initiatives of functional departments, and developing and promoting our unique culture.
You will have the opportunity to have a clear impact on the company’s growth and culture while developing your problem solving and project management skills. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and be organized, proactive and driven.
This role is in-office at our New Jersey location.
What you’ll do:
- Consistently work to improve the office environment providing a safe, productive and welcoming workspace for all departments and employees utilizing forward thinking and creative problem-solving techniques.
- Recommend allocation of department office space and configurations.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of office furniture and fixtures, equipment, house-keeping functions, and all office supplies- including managing and tracking the annual/monthly budget.
- Source and purchase personal protective equipment (PPE), while working closely with our safety officers to ensure safety policies & procedures are being upheld.
- Execute and organize equipment and office maintenance service contracts and visits.
- Interface with all facilities vendors – such as building mgmt. or security company – while maintaining cordial relationships to ensure satisfactory services.
- Create and maintain a seamless onboarding experience for all new hires, including temporary workers. Cultivate a positive experience that starts on day one and continues through the employment lifecycle.
- Provide Information Technology assistance, which requires technical troubleshooting and managing repairs/site visits from our service provider and telephone company in partnership with our IT consulting team.
- Manage the budget and inventory of all computers, hardware, software and the ordering and installation of new hire equipment.
- Keep a pulse on community happenings and communicate city and community events that will affect the staff in any way – e.g. public transportation strike, Presidential visits.
- Contribute to the development and sustainability of the overall company culture.
- Assist in the administration and enforcement of security procedures, including issuing card key access and office keys, monitoring intrusion detection alarms, and maintaining database records.
- Work closely with the Human Resources team to ensure that federal, state, and local compliance standards are upheld in the New Jersey location.
- Coordinate data needs for the processing of bi-weekly payroll.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- BA degree (preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role preferred
- Experience in vendor/building management
- Experience in space planning/project management in a growing office environment
- Experience in budgeting and tracking expenses
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High level of attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to adapt quickly in a flexible environment while making an impact utilizing creative problem-solving skills
- Self-starter mindset with a roll up your sleeves and get the job done attitude
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability in the role
- Integrity, discretion and ethical behavior in all work situations
- Understanding and acceptance of diversity, equity, inclusion and workplace belonging concepts
- Dependability and an excellent work ethic, able to work occasional extended hours and on-call weekends
- Strong PC/MS Office Computer skills
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan, and commuter benefits. We offer maternity and paternity leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to WorkLifeMatters, an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth is committed to the principles of Equal Employment. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State, and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws.