Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Operations Assistant – Brilliant Earth
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
Our Operations Assistant is dedicated to delivering excellence from the time a customer places an order to the moment a customer opens their package. The Operations team coordinates and executes day to day operations of order processing, inventory, logistics, fulfillment, and production, while maintaining strong relationships with our partners. As a team member, you will collaborate within a close-knit team, and support various functions within the Operations group. Join our team of committed problem solvers who are passionate about ensuring that every Brilliant Earth purchase meets the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to work a Tuesday through Saturday schedule.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participate in the coordination of transporting goods between Brilliant Earth and our vendors/customers, as well as flow of goods within the Operations Team.
- Receive product from vendors and enter information adhering to specific procedures and protocol.
- Assess accuracy of shipments from vendors and relay information to appropriate team members when errors are identified.
- Track product being returned to vendors and ensure timely processing.
- Assist in ensuring security processes are adhered to and maintained.
- Aid in improving around product intake and return processes.
- Assist with order fulfillment, including preparing and packaging customer materials.
- Support the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure smooth operation of business.
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Experience with inventory/ supply chain/ production in a product, retail, or ecommerce company preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Detail oriented with strong follow through and a focus on execution
- Ability to maintain organization and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment with a sense of urgency
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Strong computer skills
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Please note that the recruiting and onboarding process may be delayed for this position. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we continue to evaluate the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. View our most recent COVID-19 related updates here.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
More Jobs on Planted
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
Marketing Consulting Firm
San Rafael, CA