Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Product Development Operations Specialist
We are seeking a hard-working creative problem solver to join Brilliant Earth’s Product Development team. The primary objectives of this position are to maximize efficiency and accuracy throughout the development process, while developing strong vendor relationships. The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals. Join our team of committed problem solvers who are passionate about ensuring that every Brilliant Earth purchase meets the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work directly with partners and vendors to produce samples and live orders, communicating clearly and staying organized to maintain accuracy and efficiency
- Assist the product development process by managing deliverables, performing quality assurance testing on physical products, and photographing samples
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with partners and vendors
- Contribute cross functionally to coordinate supply planning and inventory control
- Coordinate and plan the allocation of styles in the catalogue with various partners while maintaining our manufacturing standards and best business practices
- Identify and implement continual improvements to systems, policies, and procedures to align with Brilliant Earth’s quality, delivery and cost objectives and ensure smooth operations of business
- Utilize internal systems to organize and maintain communications internally and externally.
What You Have:
- Communication is Key. You have a way with words. Whether you’re interacting with a vendor or teammate via phone, email, or in person, you’re clear and concise.
- A Mind for Multi-Tasking. You’re an expert at managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Master of Collaboration. You have a genuine ability to collaborate and contribute to a team effort.
- It’s All in the Details. When it comes your role, you know it’s the little things that count the most. You have a passion for process and a keen eye for detail in a fast-moving work environment.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- BA degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience with vendor management required (2+ years preferred)
- Experience in the jewelry industry and/or product development is preferred
- Experience performing quality assurance testing and photographing physical samples
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, including external vendors and partners
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and knowledge of ERP/inventory systems
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly, with a high sense of urgency, in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Generous PTO Policy. We know it’s important to recharge and relax.
- Uncapped Sales Incentive Programs. Uncapped quarterly and annual bonuses, plus additional incentives for top sales reps.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In addition to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
More About Us
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry. We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.