Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Real Estate Manager
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Refinery29, and Forbes, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect, and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings, and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
About the role:
We are seeking an energetic, organized individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment to play a pivotal role in the expansion of Brilliant Earth physical, retail jewelry showrooms. The Real Estate Manager will be involved in key aspects of the expansion process in their designated region by supporting the Senior Real Estate Manager and Director, Showroom Expansion in sourcing, identifying and evaluating new locations, managing broker relationships, supporting LOI and lease negotiations, and assisting with lease administration. This individual should be detail oriented, flexible, comfortable working with tight deadlines, able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and excited to play a hands-on role in new showroom expansion.
What you’ll do:
- Manage daily real estate pipeline activity, including monitoring and reporting on potential properties across multiple markets within designated region.
- Research new markets including peer and competitor locations, submarket demographics, retail performance and other relevant data to inform location selection.
- Become an expert on key markets in designated region, staying up to date on leasing activity and performance of peers and competitors and new real estate developments and availabilities within market.
- Develop and maintain relationships with brokers and landlords in key markets.
- Provide clear guidance to brokers about space requirements and feedback on specific locations.
- Assist with evaluation, organization and follow up on information and key terms on new properties, ensuring that properties meet our needs and requirements.
- Coordinate and schedule new market and property tours.
- Perform initial due diligence, ensuring building condition, dimensions, engineering, layouts and utilities are suitable for buildout.
LOI & Lease Negotiation and Process Management
- Support the LOI process including drafting, internal sign-off process and coordination with brokers.
- Collaborate with internal and external real estate partners (brokers, consultants, outside counsel, landlords and internal teams) throughout the lease negotiation process. Coordinate legal review process, ensuring quick and efficient turnaround.
- Conduct initial review of lease agreements to ensure terms conform with negotiated LOI.
- Manage portfolio of existing showroom locations within region, including tracking and flagging key lease dates including rent increases and option renewal periods.
- Communicate with landlord and property manager to respond to critical lease-related notices, including commencement date agreements, renewals, estoppels, landlord notices and other related documents.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- 3+ years of relevant real estate experience, including site selection, working on the real estate team at a retailer or other company with a portfolio of multiple locations, an institutional landlord or brokerage firm
- 5+ years of professional experience with progressively increasing scope and responsibility
- Knowledge of typical LOI structure and terms, lease language and related legal documentation
- Retail-specific real estate experience a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time-management skills
- Fast and thorough problem solver with a can-do, positive attitude
- A demonstrated ability to engage with and build productive relationships with people to achieve results
- Knowledge of in-store retail operations, including customer service, sales, training, policies and procedures, visual merchandising, and inventory management a plus
- Available for domestic travel as needed (estimated 20-40%)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
The targeted budget for this position is $90-120k. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.