Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Sr. Manager Learning & Development
About Brilliant Earth:
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
The Sr. Manager, Learning and Development, will oversee a team of dedicated Training Managers and Regional Trainers, responsible for conceptualizing, developing and delivering training programs for our Customer Experience teams. You will help to manage and analyze the success of the programs, working to consistently improve the training and continuous learning programs. You will help create and execute programs in alignment with business goals to achieve outstanding performance and exceptional customer experiences delivered by highly engaged and trained employees. Travel will be required approximately 10-20%.
- Develop, implement and manage Learning and Development initiatives that align with business goals and ensure the continued development of high performing and engaged team members.
- Assess current learning and growth programs and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manage team of regional trainers and training managers.
- Help manage overall company schedule for training activities and drive efficiencies within this process.
- Drive engagement and development at all levels of the organization, and foster an environment of continuous learning to encourage career growth and succession readiness.
- Stay abreast of and leverage industry best practices in organizational design approaches, technology and tools to continuously improve the program.
- Leverage data to measure and articulate L&D effectiveness and impact based on strategic alignment, overall organizational health and key performance indicators.
- Define budget requirements, track L&D costs and identify ways to gain the most value from our resources.
- Manage vendor relationships and our Learning Management System (LMS).
- Collaborate cross-functionally to define appropriate scope and focus for training initiatives.
- Assist in management and reporting on QA and VOC programs, and align training strategies to focus on areas of opportunity.
- Lead with our core values and ensure that they are embedded in all learning programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Communication, Education, Human Resources, Business, or a related field, preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience managing Learning & Development teams and programs.
- Experience managing and reporting on Voice of the Customer & Quality Assurance programs.
- Experience managing a dispersed team focused on multi-unit retail training, preferred.
- Applied knowledge of learning theories, instructional design methodologies and the ADDIE Model. Experience with blended learning techniques (e-learning, instructor led, etc.)
- Working knowledge in instructional design software, such as Success Factors, Camtasia, Articulate, or Adobe Captivate.
- Expertise in designing and implementing a variety of learning programs, with skills in program design, curriculum development and partner resourcing.
- Ability to understand business needs and align team priorities accordingly, to develop of valuable, effective training strategies and solutions.
- Experience coaching and developing individual contributors and leaders, including conceptualizing & delivering leadership development programs.
- Ability to leverage data to drive outcomes. Robust excel skills and analytical abilities.
- Proven project management skills - ability to balance multiple projects while informing key partners of progress and outcomes.
- Ability to stay organized and adapt to balance multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced or ambiguous environment.
- Proven written and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders and employees across the organization.
- Ability to form positive internal working relations cross-functionally, remotely and with internal customers.
- Understanding and acceptance of diversity, equity, inclusion and workplace belonging concepts
- Able to travel 10-20%
The targeted budget for this position is $90-110k. This compensation budget range may be adjusted at any time at the discretion of the company.
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
More Jobs on Planted
Women's Global Leadership Initiative