Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry.
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
The Staff Gemologist is responsible for gemstone and estate jewelry review, tracking, and cataloging to maximize efficiency and quality standards critical to Brilliant Earth’s success. Candidates should have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, desire to work in a socially responsible consumer business, and desire to work with gems and estate jewelry. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and exhibit impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review and quality assurance inspections of loose diamonds, sapphires and other colored gemstones, and melee to optimize high quality, maintain consistency, and reduce cost.
- Review and catalog estate jewelry items procured by our team, including appraisal and repair evaluations, where necessary.
- Track, review, and process gemstone inventory with efficiency and high level of accuracy. Maintain strict organization of estate and gemstone inventory.
- Work with sales team to assist with requirements for sourcing special order gemstones and diamonds.
- Coordinate orders across different suppliers, and track status of purchase orders to ensure timely arrival and processing.
- Formulate and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure smooth operation of business.
Specific qualifications include:
- Graduate Gemologist degree required
- Experience in jewelry products required, estate jewelry preferred
- Certification in fine jewelry appraisal preferred
- Operations and/or administrative experience preferred
- Inventory/supply chain experience in a retail or e-commerce environment preferred
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit/self-starter
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
More Jobs on Planted
New York, NY