This job is no longer active
CBXmarket is a fixed income portfolio management platform leveraging AI, data science and machine learning technology to help investment professionals navigate the opaque and illiquid bond markets.
The Business Development Lead will work on all aspects of the new business sales process and lifecycle. You will be responsible for closing new business, identifying partnership opportunities, and expanding the prospect pipeline; this role will not be as structured as traditional positions in the finance industry. The right candidate should be driven, confident, and comfortable operating in a challenging work environment.
You will have the opportunity to grow with the organization, quickly expanding your responsibilities as we expect to take on numerous employees over the course of the next 12 months. If you are looking for a challenge, apply on Planted today!
- Proactively identify new opportunities to grow our client base.
- Reach out to prospects and handle inbound queries about our platform.
- Cultivate relationships through close contact with high-value prospects and clients at conferences and other industry events.
- Assist in the development and production of unique proposals and presentations to prospective clients and partners.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop product and industry expertise.
- Contribute to the product development process by relaying prospect and customer needs to help inform the development team’s focus, synthesizing competitive offerings, and making product enhancement recommendations.
- Contribute to marketing collateral for sales opportunities and lead generation.
- Maintain CRM reporting and other administrative responsibilities.
- At least 3-5 years of business development / sales experience in the finance or financial technology industries.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets, preferably fixed income.
- Enthusiasm, motivation, and an outgoing personality.
- Ability to establish productive relationships across all organizational levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to relay data-centric reports to multiple stakeholders.
- Flexible and creative mindset with strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to challenge the norm and think outside the box.
- Ability to self-direct, analyze, evaluate, and form independent judgments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High expectations of yourself and those around you.
- You enjoy being part of a team and are willing to do whatever it takes to help that team succeed.
- You embrace the nature of a startup; company culture is critical to us.
We work hard and play hard. 9-to-5ers need not apply.