Informed K12 is powering the future of school district operations.
Who we are
At Informed K12, we’re on a mission to help school district administrators operate efficiently and gain insight into their most critical school business processes. Still today, most school districts have hundreds of mission-critical processes that run on paper, making visibility and improvement near impossible. We transform paperwork from a daily stumbling block to a strategic tool. This makes it possible to hire the right teachers for the right classrooms faster, manage bus routes for students without permanent housing, ensure teachers get reimbursed and paid on time, and a lot more. In short, we are powering the future of school district operations by helping district administrators drive the systemic change needed to improve productivity, accountability, and equity.
Our founders came out of Stanford University’s Graduate School of Education. Informed K12 (formerly Chalk Schools) was one of the first companies funded by Stanford’s StartX accelerator and top education technology incubator Imagine K12, now part of Y Combinator.
About the role
Informed K12 is in an exciting stage with our revenue teams - Sales and Customer Success - ready to scale across the country. We are looking for an enthusiastic Client Contract Specialist to own the deal close process, including pricing, contract, and scope of work validation. You’ll be the primary touchpoint for sales, customer success, and the client as they navigate the later stages of our sales process.
As part of the Operations team, you will work in a cross-functional role that consults with Sales, Customer Success, and Operations teams in driving efficiency for the sales process. You will own district facing communication to provide transparency around contract terms and increase the effectiveness of requirements and materials gathering. As part of the close strategy execution, you’ll also play a lead role in training internal revenue teams on processes and best practices, accelerating their ability to produce high-quality results. This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Revenue Operations and has a growth path into the deal desk management side of operations.
This role requires strong communication skills and attention to detail. You will also be a life-long learner and someone passionate about going deep into our sales and implementation processes, as well as our competitive market. You will have strong project management skills, able to juggle multiple priorities at once and with the ability to interact with team leads to align messaging across the company.
Your ability to communicate and train across our teams will help Informed K12 achieve our goal of delivering the highest quality of service and support to districts across the country.
- Prepare and review bid packages including work specifications, time commitments, core objectives and benefits, packaging and pricing, and contractual terms.
- Review packaging and pricing for accuracy and approve requested pricing discounts or package exceptions
- Review and approve contractual documents to ensure policy compliance and customer satisfaction
- Review and evaluate contract revisions involving billing and renewal terms, technical specifications, cost, or implementation scheduling that may impact the company
- Ensure proper execution of contract requirements including scope of work documentation, exception management, and internal handoff procedures
- Resolve a diverse range of complex issues and questions for internal and district teams related to pricing, contractual agreements, and implementation process
- Interpret and analyze contractual documents and provide insight into trends or compliance issues
- Proactively identify and address process efficiency gaps to improve the time to close and implementation readiness of new clients
- Assist in the development of new templates and service offers, including contractual agreements, risk assessments, and pricing approvals
- Maintain data integrity by identifying and fixing data inconsistencies and instilling data quality standards across all data-related activities
- Document and train revenue teams on process improvements and change management related to Revenue Operations
What we’re looking for
- 1+ years of sales or customer success operations or similar experience
- Exceptional attention to detail and a strong interest in process improvement and analytics
- Strong project management skills and the ability to take on multiple projects at one time and expertly project manage processes from start to finish because you are highly organized, prioritize tasks, and communicate when you need help
- Interest in data-driven insights to drive decision making
- Experience or high level of comfort communicating directly with clients and training internal teams on best practices
- Passion for K-12 school systems
- Early-stage startup experience, or experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with B2B companies
- Experience with Salesforce or similar tools a plus
- Experience in K12 school systems or an Edtech company
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In fact, one of our four company values is “Work hard for inclusion.” We believe that our team must reflect the diversity of our customers and that a diverse team where everyone feels comfortable being themselves will be a long-term advantage. We implement policies like the Rooney rule in hiring and work with organizations such as Code2040. We actively seek out diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.