Food-tech startup, leading the world's transition to a sustainable food supply chain
At Choco, we’re striving to build a seamlessly connected global food system by 2030. One that enables food to move around the planet transparently, sustainably, and without waste. Today, Choco provides a platform connecting restaurants and suppliers resulting in better communication, simplified logistics, and - here comes the big one - less food waste. If you’re looking for a challenging new opportunity and the chance to make a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Meet your team
- You will report to our Senior Accountant based out of New York City, joining a small team dedicated to building out the finances of a growing global company. You will also work with other stakeholders across operations, legal, human resources, talent acquisition and more.
As a culture-first company, we believe in the power of in-person collaboration. We look forward to working with you from our office in New York City.
What will you do?
- Monitor Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable management
- Process internal expense claims
- Take ownership of various finance tools (Bill.com, Xero, Tripactions, Trinet etc).
- Input in the creation of robust finance processes
- Participate in annual audit
- Monitoring cash balances
- Liaising with external accounting and tax partner
- Other ad hoc projects as they come up (both on a local and global level)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree: Completed undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Curiosity: Strong interest in the finance function of a growing company.
- Experience: Bookkeeping experience will be highly valued. An internship in bookkeeping/accounting/in a finance department, with experience at a startup is a plus.
- Tools: Strong Excel skills
- Startup Mindset: good self-organisation, independence, a high level of commitment and a "hands-on" mentality, and are able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Communication: You are able to explain complex ideas in a really simple way, and adapt the way to communicate to the person you talk to.
Founded in 2018, Choco is a young, fast-moving company. And we mean fast. Just a year after our $63.7 million Series A funding round, we secured an additional $100 million in Series B funding. We’re backed by leading investors like Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue Management, and Bessemer Venture Partners. In addition, we’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.