Food-tech startup, leading the world's transition to a sustainable food supply chain
🍫 You will be the key figure in helping to drive Choco’s growth with Suppliers across New York. The job involves improving the life of suppliers by providing a solution that can help them every day.🍫
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
At Choco, we have the ambition to become one of the largest and most successful businesses of the next decade. Our mission is to reduce food waste on a global scale by redesigning the food industry's global value chain. The first step towards realising this mission is our food-supply ordering platform connecting restaurants and suppliers and simplifying the way food is traded between them.
Founded in March 2018, we have already raised one of the largest series B of the last 5 years (Total raised $171.5M). We are backed by top VCs such as COATUE, Bessemer Venture Partners and Atlantic Labs, as well as startup leaders and entrepreneurs who have built companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, SoundCloud, DropBox, and Delivery Hero.
WHAT WILL YOU DO ?
Our Vendor Partnerships Manager is the bridge between suppliers and their customers, making sure their communication is smooth and everything is in order. Your goal as a Supplier Partnership Manager is to make sure that we help suppliers to upgrade the way they receive and deliver orders.
💪 What does it take to perform on this job: 💪
The must haves:
- You have a strong experience in a Sales / Purchasing / Partnership role and it's even better if it is in the food industry. Experience negotiating commercial agreements is a must!
- You are a remarkable communicator and you are adaptable. You can put yourself in the shoes of the CEO of a big supplier firm but also in the shoes of a tiny cider producer in the middle of Florida.
- You have what it takes to understand the broader picture and to come up with the best strategy but above all, you know how to be focused on the execution. You get things done!
⚙️ Your daily activities: ⚙️
- Manage day to day suppliers relationship and communication
- Spending a majority of the day on the field with suppliers.
- Analyze business insights and turn them into action plans to develop Choco suppliers presence
- Use your passion for the food industry to stay aware of events, trends, competitors and industry developments
READY FOR THE CHALLENGE ?
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.