This job is no longer active
We help teachers find and effectively use educational clips from popular television shows and movies.
Have you ever dreamed of watching TV shows and movies as your job? If so, we have the role for you! ClassHook is seeking a content specialist to expand its library of educational scenes from TV shows and movies. In this role, you will work closely with the founding team to build the company’s library of clips, both in breadth and depth. This role is an opportunity to gain exposure to various academic subjects, such as Science, History, Literature, and many more. It is also an opportunity to gain experience in an early-stage startup. This is a high-impact role: your work will directly affect user delight and ClassHook’s appeal to educators.
This internship is an unpaid and remote position.
- Search for educational video clips from TV shows and movies on popular video platforms such as YouTube
- Watch movies and television shows, and identify educational scenes from them
- Curate educational videos for clip requests submitted by users
- Someone who enjoys watching TV shows and movies
- Curious and enjoy learning about different topics
- Passionate about and committed to using technology to improve education
- Interested in working for a startup
- Self-motivated and able to work with little guidance
ClassHook is a small educational technology startup that streamlines for teachers the process of finding educational clips from popular movies and television shows. Our product saves teachers a considerable amount of time while lesson planning and helps them create more exciting and compelling learning experiences for their students. Teachers love our product, and so far we've helped tens of thousands of teachers around the world make their lessons more exciting and relevant.
Our goal is to build a more engaging classroom experience that inspires students and fosters more effective learning. Popular media has the ability to help students relate the concepts they learn in the classroom to the real world. It sparks discussions, easily explains hard-to-grasp topics, and exposes students to new perspectives, all while building engagement and content retention at the same time.