Expanding access to career-advancing education
Who we are
Climb Credit (NMLS# 1240013) is an innovative student financing and payments platform that makes career-advancing education more accessible, affordable, and accountable than ever before.
Climb identifies programs and schools with a demonstrated ability to improve the earnings of their graduates. Climb partners with schools that teach everything from cybersecurity to healthcare, heavy machine operation to data science, and culinary arts to coding.
We provide learners with financing and payment options that are priced and structured to meet the unique needs of those seeking career elevation and increased earning power.
Climb earned a spot on Inc Magazine’s 5000 fastest growing companies in 2020!
We’ve raised hundreds of millions of dollars of lending capital from financiers such as The Blackstone Group and Goldman Sachs. We are currently 40 passionate technologists and business people excited to be changing the face of modern education.
- Put our learners first
- Build a better system
- Own the solution
- Iterate and experiment
- Succeed together
Overview of Role
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a background in sales or partnerships with experience working in a rapidly scaling organization. As a member of our Partnerships team, you will have the opportunity to work with leading educational executives and schools, enabling them to deliver flexible financial options and payment plans to their students.
You need to have strong business acumen, understand the modern sales processes, communicate effectively, and know how to find, nurture, and close new business relationships. You will be held accountable for achieving performance targets established by the Director of Partnerships.
As part of the Partnerships team, you will:
- Own an individual annual booking/revenue quota and optimize sales velocity
- Relentlessly prospect - You know how to find qualified leads, cold call anyone or craft a killer email introduction, and get to the decision maker.
- Use our sales enablement tools like Salesforce, Outreach.io, Linkedin, Dialpad, etc. to prospect new potential school clients, understand their pain points, align Climb’s solutions, and satisfy their students' financing needs.
- Meet with school stakeholders and utilize a consultative approach to understand their goals and timeline to implementation
- Lead potential school partner through our internal approval process
- Exercise concise communication and decision-making and understand where your time is best spent as your pipeline grows.
- Stay current on Climb product offerings and industry trends
- Handle contract negotiations and successful handoff of signed clients
Your Background and Skills:
- Demonstrated track record achieving sales quota and growing responsibility
- Experience in educational or fintech revenue teams
- Proven ability to assess and address client needs through a solution selling process
- Focus on teamwork while able to perform independently to achieve results
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple engagements simultaneously with a high level of execution
- Experience using Sales tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, etc…
- Willing to be the internal quarterback for getting deals across the line
- Able to travel if necessary (under 25% of the time)
- Values diverse, inclusive teams and creating an environment where people of all identities, experiences, and backgrounds can thrive
Nice to Have:
- Strong business acumen with 3-7 years in partnerships/sales roles
- Knowledge and experience in lending or financial services, payments, and/or higher education
- An understanding of financial modeling and ability to communicate effectively
- Experience working with educational institutions, both private and public
- Experience building partner or channel ecosystems
- Highly functional with a deep understanding of business
- Creative and an excellent storyteller
- Demonstrated passion for Climb’s mission to expand access to quality education
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive compensation package including a Base Salary + Commission + Equity. On-Target Earnings for total compensation range from $120,000 - 135,000 annually based on achieving KPIs.
- Health benefits including dental, vision and covered insurance premiums
- Flexible vacation/remote working policies, happy hours and a stocked kitchen with snacks
- Sponsorship for professional development and training programs
- Collaborative, dynamic, balanced, and fun team environment
- General sense of well-being and excitement
- This role is available to be a full-time remote position.
This role is not eligible for H-1B visa sponsorship.
Climb Credit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
More Jobs on Planted
New York, NY
New York, NY