This job is no longer active
ContentWriters is a content marketing agency that manages content writing projects for agencies, publishers, and enterprise clients.
Who Are We?
A small but mighty startup headquartered in lower Manhattan (but fully remote as of March 2020 and until further notice), ContentWriters is a full-service content writing agency. We specialize in providing high-quality content at scale to publishers, agencies, and individual proprietors. We serve clients across all major industries by providing a robust suite of written content marketing assets created by a supreme network of talented writers.
Your Role at ContentWriters
We’re looking to grow our Content Success department by bringing new talent to the team. The Content Success Editorial Coordinator role is two-pronged: half administrative support for client projects and half editor/proofreader. We’re seeking a self-starter who wants to hone their project management skills while also bringing their editorial prowess to the table.
Temp details: Beginning at 25-30 hours/week for 90 days, option to extend to permanent position depending on company needs and employee/temp performance.
- Communicate with account managers to ensure the success of our clients’ content projects (via email, Slack, GChat phone, and video chat) and provide administrative support to account leads.
- Assist with entering client orders (using Excel and CW’s proprietary software), assigning work to freelancers and supporting freelancers in the content creation process as needed.
- Edit client projects, checking writers’ work against the client brief to monitor adherence to instructions, verify that style guides are followed, and correct errors, ensuring language is clean and effective.
- Handle other administrative tasks as needed/requested by the team.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Qualities:
- While this is an entry-level position, 1-2 years of client-facing, project management, or administrative experience is preferred (ideally at a startup).
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven editing/proofreading abilities and the desire to further develop these skills (strong writing skills are also a plus!).
- Ability to work independently and to take a flexible approach to your work in order to meet the needs of the team (we are a startup after all!).
- Impressive organizational skills.
- Willingness to take feedback and implement change.
- SEO experience preferred but not required.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We’re happy to be an equal-opportunity employer! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.