A digital platform powering offline action.
DoSomething.org is looking for a Director of Digital Campaigns to lead a diverse team in creating and project managing bold, social change campaigns. We’re looking for an experienced manager who thinks big, isn’t afraid to take risks in the pursuit of real, authentic impact, and works cross-functionally across the org to maintain a high standard of excellence.
This position embodies the very definition of impact for our organization, our sponsors and partners, and our members. Tasked with operationalizing multiple cross-functional initiatives that tangibly move the needle on causes as diverse as safe driving, gun violence prevention, and voter registration, the Director of Campaigns is willing and ready from day one to prioritize positive lifelong behavior change in a new generation of young people.
Manage national, corporate-sponsored, cause campaigns. (60%)
- Work cross functionally with Product and Marketing teams to develop new, digitally-focused ways to outreach to and engage young people to participate in our campaigns.
- Work with Campaigns team to help oversee, manage and support their national campaigns
- This work includes but is not limited to: strategizing with the team on ways to improve campaigns, attending sponsor calls as needed, brainstorming marketing tactics, stepping in when problems or issues may arise, helping establish priorities, coordinating cross-functional teamwork, managing overall resource allocation for the team and timelines, and just generally being supportive to the rest of the campaigns team as they lead their campaigns.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the right digital levers to optimize campaign participation performance using various messaging channels (i.e.. SMS, social, email and web) to hit campaign goals
- Work with Campaigns team to devise best ways to leverage impact to drive revenue for DS as well as develop impact goals, community activation strategies and impact sheets for all sponsored and non-sponsored campaigns.
- Provide ad hoc support for 2021 strategic planning.
- Work with Campaigns, Marketing and Business Development teams to plan and develop campaign strategy, CTAs, concepts and impact assessment.
- Lead sponsored and unsponsored national campaign partnerships
- This work includes leading weekly calls, creating and executing on sponsor deliverables, track and report on engagement funnels and pacing, liaising with the internal cross-functional team including marketing, comms, creative, etc.
Head up the project and account management processes. (30%)
- Be a key player on the team that is building, executing, and evaluating campaigns with corporate sponsors. This includes providing tracking timelines and deliverables,, providing guidance, coaching/mentoring team members, fostering collaboration, and encouraging continuous learning.
- Lead weekly campaigns team meetings as well as attend other internal meetings as a representative of the campaigns team including management meetings, campaign inventory, and pacing meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Maintain excellence of campaigns, hitting all sponsor goals to ensure that all sponsors positively rate both the campaign performance and their experience working with DoSomething Serve as Principal Lead for sponsors, ensuring the productivity of meetings with senior-level corporate partners; solicit and act on partner feedback; help manage partner expectations.
Member Support and Communications (10%)
- Manage member/user communications to ensure all messaging and feedback is direct, responsive, and scaled.
What we're looking for:
- Outstanding project management experience
- Emotionally intelligent manager with a genuine eagerness to mentor, encourage and learn from a diverse and talented team.
- Passion for social change and specific examples of work experience in social cause areas.
- Super responsive, solution driven, troubleshooting pro
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Maturity with handling difficult client relationships and finding positive outcomes for all.
- Exceptional strategy, planning and analytical skills coupled with a strong business acumen
- Experience with GSuite is required. Experience with Slack a plus.
Select Perks & Benefits:
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus ½ Day Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday off, Valentine’s Day off, and a half-day on Halloween.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Employee medical and dental premiums fully covered by us. Mhmm. You read that right.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer.
Please, no calls.