A digital platform powering offline action.
Reports to: VP of Business Development
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5 million members around the world to make an impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard and we move super fast. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic organization every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. The ideal candidate for our Director of Marketing brings an extremely high level of creativity, passion, and leadership to the role. They have a blend of strategic, analytical, and creative thinking, and are excited to use their marketing brain for good.
What you’ll do:
Marketing & Brand Strategy (45%)
- Innovate new ways for DoSomething to significantly expand brand presence, increase NPS, and increase membership quality and quantity.
- Work closely with our Business Development and Product teams to establish high-impact marketing and brand strategies for campaigns across digital, print, mobile, social, and event/experiential platforms.
- Design new traffic acquisition models to further org goals and work cross-functionally to implement and determine these scalable methods of growth, engagement, and brand awareness across paid, earned, and owned channels.
Marketing Budget, Analytics & Operations (20%)
- Oversee campaign KPIs and traffic acquisition models. You’ll regularly track and measure results of marketing efforts, pivot campaign strategy based on the effectiveness of hitting impression goals, and transparently communicate the progress of these initiatives.
- Oversee and allocate the marketing budgets across paid channels to hit impression goals, measure the effectiveness of new channels and marketing campaigns, and identify the greatest opportunities of social impact.
Partner Management & External Relations (20%)
- Serve as primary contact for select vendors, including our talent agency, and hire contractors as needed for video production, content creation, and other marketing-related needs. Attend meetings with Corporate Partners and Foundations, as needed to develop and discuss customize marketing plans for these partnerships.
Talent Management (15%)
- Supervise and mentor members of the Marketing team (specifically in the areas of Marketing Partnerships, Membership Acquisition Audience Engagement (CRM, email, and SMS), PR and Talent/Influencer Management).
Enough about us! Let’s talk about you.
- 7-10 years of digital marketing experience, preferably at a digital agency or similarly fast-paced environment, overseeing full-funnel marketing strategy.
- You are a creative problem solver. You’ll create marketing campaigns that fit within the DoSomething model and incorporate corporate sponsors’ criteria. It’s a fun puzzle that you have to think outside the box to solve, and you’re excited for the challenge.
- You’re a speedy executor. On average, you’ll have 5 business days to create a marketing strategy for potential corporate sponsors, sometimes even less (did we mention we move quickly?). You’ll need to work fast and prioritize multiple marketing requests in the pipeline, and support your direct reports in learning to do the same.
- You’re an A+ multitasker. You are organized and deadline-driven and adept at managing multiple competing priorities. You’re also able to pass these skills along to more junior members of the team.
- You’re collaborative. You’ll work cross-functionally with Business Development, Marketing, Creative and Product teams to ensure that a campaign’s vision and impression goals can be hit.
- You are a true team leader & collaborator. Not only are you the go-to person for marketing solutions, you are an emotionally intelligent leader adept at identifying, hiring, and mentoring the best of the best, with the ability to lead across difference and apply equitable and race-intentional management practices.
- You’re data-driven thinking and comfortable with setting up and leveraging marketing analytics and insights tools (Google Analytics, Google AdSense, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights).
- You’re a skilled, organized project manager who can establish guardrails for engagement and understands which aspects of the work can be delegated to colleagues.
- You’re a (really) strong communicator. You crush it with your strong written and verbal communication skills, can develop on-brand presentations with clear narratives and compelling solutions, and your public speaking and storytelling capabilities make you the “it” person in the room.
Select Perks & Benefits:
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday off, Valentine’s Day off, and a half-day on Halloween.
- A fun team environment, and the best coworkers you could ask for.
- Medical and dental premiums fully covered by us! Mhmm. You read that right.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer.
Please, no calls.