A digital platform powering offline action.
Reports to: Director of Business Development
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5 million members around the world to make an impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard and we move super fast. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. We’re looking for an awesomely personable, detailed, and solutions oriented Partnership Manager to join our recently redesigned Business Development team! This manager will be tasked with building relationships and renewing partnerships with brands to create impactful campaigns that fund DoSomething.org. They’ll need to be passionate about social change and DoSomething’s mission in particular, but also have a killer instinct and deep ambition for pitching, securing and closing deals.
What you’ll do:
Grow and develop partner support (30%)
- You will contribute to DoSomething’s revenue goals by renewing and deepening the commitment from partners within your portfolio. You will build meaningful, trustworthy, and values-based relationships with all partners within your portfolio; you know what matters most to them and how our partnership supports their own organizational KPIs.
- You’ll identify opportunities to work with other stakeholders and brands with whom partners are connected. And, lead internal cross-functional efforts to derive all the information you need to prepare renewal materials and grant applications.
Partner Management (30%)
- You will be the main point of contact for corporate sponsors on a select set of sponsored campaigns. You’ll prepare the internal teams for and run partner status meetings, including creating and distributing meeting agendas, recaps, and status reports with action items for both the partner and the internal teams clearly highlighted; ensure relevant information across partner and internal teams is communicated throughout the partnership and translated into specific actions, as necessary; stay on top of campaign goal metrics and bring attention to the Impact Team any gaps you’re seeing while also keeping the corporate partner effectively informed; and prepare partner presentations with all critical information and desired metrics included.
Project Management (40%)
- You will be creating timelines for the internal team and managing to ensure all deliverables are prepared on time, accurate, and reflect the highest standard of quality. You will work internally to gather all information needed for external reporting. You will be part of the internal team that develops solutions whenever we need to pivot any aspect of the campaign and will galvanize the internal team to ensure we meet or exceed performance expectations.
Enough about us! Let’s talk about you:
- You have 3-5 years’ direct experience supporting corporate partnerships and/or account management preferably for a nonprofit or mission-based organization on a national scale.
- You’re a team player with a proven background collaborating cross-functionally across diverse groups of stakeholders to deliver results.
- You’ve got finely tuned relationship management and analytics skills.You actively listen, learn, and draw insights from both quantitative and qualitative sources to inform your partnership strategies.
- You’re a pop culture connoisseur.You know how to keep your finger on the pulse of current events and trends among our primary demographic, and you’re practiced in applying a race-intentional and inclusive lens to inform your understanding of youth culture throughout the identity and political spectrum.
- You’re a (really) strong communicator.You crush it with your strong written and verbal communication skills, can develop on-brand presentations with clear narratives and compelling solutions, and your public speaking and storytelling capabilities make you the “it” person in the room.
- You’re highly responsive,with a known knack for the kind of follow-up and follow-through that makes partners swoon.
- You have an affinity for efficiencyand you’re proficient in the project management tools (e.g. Trello, AirTable, Slack) and techniques to keep things running smoothly. Familiarity with Hubspot CRM, Hunter.io, LinkedIn Business, or similar platforms are a huge plus!
Select Perks & Benefits.
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday off, Valentine’s Day off, and a half-day on Halloween.
- A fun office environment, a gong, brownie bake-offs, and the best coworkers you could ask for.
- Medical and dental premiums fully covered by us. Mhmm. You read that right.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
- DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer. Obviously.
DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer.
Please, no calls.