Everplans is the leading life and legacy planning company dedicated to transforming the way people get their families organized.
Reporting to the company’s Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, the Finance Manager provides management of daily accounting processes, financial reporting, and financial forecasting.
This will be the perfect job for someone who is well organized, possesses a strong attention to detail, and can thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You should be a self-starter, comfortable with owning projects from start to finish and proactively providing insights to management. The ideal candidate will have a natural curiosity about how the parts of the whole come together to make Everplans a great product as well as a great place to work. As a team, we strive to support one another in all that we do and we look for candidates who enjoy working cross-functionally.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with strong accounting skills who is looking to get mentorship and hands-on experience to grow with the company and pursue a career path that could lead to a Finance Director and then a VP of Finance role.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Direct and oversee all accounting functions
- Manage monthly close processes for Everplans as a subsidiary of NGL Holdings (Parent) and National Guardian Life Insurance Company (TopCo),
- Review, journal preparations, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Manage cash flow reporting, including future projections, and oversee A/P and A/R activity
- Complete vendor forms, oversee expense reimbursement, and manage commission process
- Manage external accountants for audit and tax.
- Implement system improvements where necessary
- Help manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting package, including financial statements, KPIs, and metric dashboards (in accordance with standards established by TopCo), KPIs, and metric dashboards.
- Assist in creating the annual budget.
- Participate in management meetings, providing information and resources to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Assist in maintaining company financial and expense policies.
- Evaluate large vendor contracts and assist in negotiations.
- Assist in creating investor & Board of Director presentations.
- Work with payroll provider/HR PEO.
You should already have…
- CPA is required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Math strongly preferred
- At least 3-6 years of related experience
- Audit experience preferred
- Understanding of accounting principles and GAAP
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve desired company results
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel (including vlookups and pivot tables), Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in SaaS major plus
Our offices are located in the Union Square/Flatiron area (though we are currently fully remote). The position includes full benefits (medical/dental/vision/401K), and competitive compensation. Location is flexible but prefer someone in the NYC area.
Everplans is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.