This job is no longer active
Games for Change empower game creators and social innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place.
Games for Change seeks an organized, proactive, and team-oriented Program Coordinator to provide support for the G4C Student Challenge. This person will report to the Director of Programs and Operations and the Program Manager.
This is a full-time, entry-level position operating remotely currently but may eventually transition to working in the NYC office.
Program Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Database management - Create and maintain databases for various audiences (Teachers, community groups, coding organizations, etc.). Track communications, participation numbers, and key program milestones
- Writing and communication - Compose copy for overview documents, concept decks, emails, website copy, blog posts, and provide stakeholder communication support. Oversee Student Challenge email account
- Event management - Support virtual events (Teacher PD, game jams, office hours/workshops, award ceremony)
- Competition management - Support the tracking and review of submissions and general competition management. Develop an outreach plan for the National G4C Student Challenge and conduct outreach for the program
- Research - Research CTLE certification and certification policies and procedures in states across the US, research schools across the U.S. (possibly internationally), gather information about other scholarships + competitions. Perform other research as needed
- Outreach - Developing outreach plans and leading on conducting general outreach for the program. Assist with In-Kind donation outreach and organization
- Miscellaneous - Note taking during internal and external meetings. Support program with various tasks as needed
- Excellent grammar, writing, communication skills, and attention to detail
- A track record of keeping organized filing systems online and offline
- Familiar with Google Drive apps and Dropbox
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience and/or interest in educational programming
- Experience with Mailchimp a plus
- Very reliable, self-motivated, punctual, proactive and responsive over email
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize competing responsibilities
- Desire to share Games for Change’s mission
More Jobs on Planted
New York, NY