This job is no longer active
Goalbook empowers teachers to transform instruction so that all students can succeed.
Goalbook’s mission is to empower teachers to transform instruction so that ALL students can succeed. We partner with 600 school districts across 45 states, working closely with leadership teams to improve instructional practice. Goalbook was founded in 2011 by Daniel Jhin Yoo and Justin Su, both former teachers and administrators.
Who We’re Looking For
This role executes on essential behind-the-scenes functions of operations, which includes finance, accounting, legal, customer support, IT, and compliance. You’ll collaborate with other teams and assist with people operations and sales operations. At its core, this role functions as the glue of the company, ensuring that every team member across the country is fully supported by the organization. This position is based in our San Mateo, California office as this role is required to work from the office at least once a week or more as necessitated, while the other workdays are remote.
At Goalbook, we are focused on building a sustainable long-term business that achieves long-term impact, and our company’s operations reflect these ideals. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the inner workings of a business, and who is motivated to contribute to those functions that keep a business running and impactful.
- Collaborate with the Operations team on key finance and accounting processes, including receivables, payables, processing of customer payments, and taxes.
- Manage incoming legal requests and gather required information and materials so contracts can move forward efficiently.
- Navigate and execute on state and district compliance requirements.
- Establish and enforce consistent and equitable organizational policies. Build relationships of trust with managers across teams and collaborate to improve processes.
- Help provide support to colleagues on the Operations team in various areas as needed.
- Manage onsite business activities from the office weekly, including receiving and scanning mail, depositing check payments, maintaining inventory, and preparing shipments.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years operations experience in a startup environment
- Highly organized - you are obsessed with creating order and consistency
- Detail oriented - you can catch the small stuff and read the fine print
- Skilled in writing clearly and succinctly
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a doer - this is an extremely hands-on role
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Safe Harbor 401k matching
- Open vacation policy and flexible schedule
- Goalbook Parental and Family Leave policy
- Goalbook Universal Basic Income
- A truly motivated, passionate, and fun team. We’re collectively interested in helping you grow in your career.
Goalbook is committed to building a diverse team that can understand and serve ALL students in the US public school system. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all people of diversity, including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, abilities, and other distinct characteristics.
More Jobs on Planted
San Francisco, CA
Integrated Healthcare Association
San Mateo, CA