This job is no longer active
InsideHook is the essential lifestyle guide for adventurous and discerning men: guys 35-50 who have limited time, great taste and a thirst for experiences.
InsideHook is looking for a Senior Editor who specializes in gear and product coverage to join our growing team. This is a full-time, salaried position with generous benefits.
Who We Are and What We Do:
InsideHook is an essential lifestyle guide for adventurous and discerning men: guys 30-50 who have limited time, great taste and a thirst for experiences. Our readers are decision makers and trendsetters who drive the aspirations of the demographic; they are influencers in the original sense of the word. InsideHook is the definitive authority on everything these men need to know about style, travel, food and drink, health, tech, culture and outdoor adventures.
The Senior Editor will lead our product- and commerce-focused team. They will work hand-in-hand with InsideHook’s editorial leadership, and cross-functionally with the Audience, Partnerships, Revenue and Branded Content departments. The candidate will manage two full-time staff writers and have the opportunity to recruit new contributors to complement our existing pool of freelance talent. The position reports to the Editor in Chief.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Editor in Chief and Executive Editor to set the strategy and execution of InsideHook’s approach to product-focused content
- Work closely with the Director of Partnerships to identify and optimize new and existing affiliate opportunities
- Coordinate with a team of staff writers and freelancers to conceive, assign, edit and publish 2-3 in-depth product feature stories every weekday
- Assign and edit 2-3 short posts each morning on sales of note, as well as two-sentence product blurbs for 10-12 deals on single items
- Manage a short- and long-term editorial calendar that can be referenced and relied upon by our editorial staff as well as other departments
- Collaborate with Director of Partnerships and SEO consultant to optimize and republish 3-5 evergreen product features per week to scale long-tail traffic and affiliate revenue
- Develop and maintain relationships with publicists and brands across all relevant categories, with an emphasis on building out an ongoing list of upcoming events and product releases that will inform our coverage and editorial calendar
- Collaborate with leadership to conceive and deliver special themed editorial packages; this includes deep and creative coverage of product-focused events like Prime Day and Black Friday
- In partnership with our Audience team, help generate, edit and deploy our daily product-focused email newsletter, The Goods
- Work with the Audience and Revenue teams to analyze internal metrics and industry trends to identify opportunities for growth — distribution, engagement, loyalty, conversion and revenue
- Manage execution of affiliate partner campaigns in concert with Director of Partnerships
- Collaborate, from time to time, on Branded Content campaigns with the Creative Director and the Director of Branded Entertainment
- A passion for products of all kinds. You’re the kind of person who thinks the most satisfying aspect of making a purchase is doing the necessary research before you even reach for your wallet.
- Skilled in all phases of the editorial process, from brainstorming ideas to line-editing copy to input on design, formatting and packaging
- An active interest in some or all of the following product categories: style, fitness, cooking, design, outdoor adventures, technology and wellness
- 3+ years of experience covering some or all of the aforementioned verticals of product culture
- Experience with affiliate platforms like Skimlinks, Commission Junction, AvantLink and Trackonomics
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar content management systems
- Considerable knowledge of SEO best practices and experience with SEO tools like Ahrefs and Google Trends
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, balance priorities and work well under pressure
- Strong leadership skills and the desire to play nice with others; communication and collaboration are hallmarks of our company culture
- Passion for innovation and experimentation, from story ideas and media formats to backend technology and workflows
- Bachelor’s degree required
More Jobs on Planted
New York Shipping Exchange
New York, NY