The nonprofit Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) convenes diverse stakeholders, including physician organizations, hospitals and health systems, health plans, purchasers and consumers committed to high-value integrated care that improves quality and affordability for patients across California and the nation.
IHA is looking for a data analyst to conduct analysis, develop reports, and create visualizations in support of recurring program needs, ad hoc business development efforts, and health policy technical assistance. The ideal candidate is thoughtful, organized, efficient, and a flexible team player with excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills. Keen attention to detail, a deep intuition for visualizing data structures and anticipating key data issues are essential. This is a unique opportunity to work collaboratively as well as independently within an experienced team that leads big and challenging projects that can move the needle on key health care industry pain points.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support IHA data submission process and ensure effective translation of technical requirements for internal and external clients
- Document, implement, and continuously improve reporting and analysis. This work will include data file aggregation, validation of health plan data, analysis of clinical quality, utilization and cost data.
- Support teams across the organization with clean data and insightful analysis
- Clearly and concisely summarize and synthesize data to inform decision making
- Develop new and/or maintain datasets from highly normalized databases
- Support engineering and project teams in data validation, data ingestion, file layout creation, and benchmarking for new data sources
- Any other duties as required to ensure data analytics operations are successful
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Work Experience:
- BA/BS in STEM discipline, public health, statistics or related field with emphasis on analytical or quantitative skills. Master’s degree is advantageous.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Python, STATA, or R or an equivalent programming language in order to analyze large datasets.
- Experience with HEDIS measurement, claims-based data, or health information systems.
- Have exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Well versed in dataset extraction, organization, validation and visualization.
- Passion for healthcare data.
- Experience handling multiple projects while successfully meeting project deadlines.
- Bonus if you have: Experience with Google Suite, Tableau, Atlassian project management suite, and/or PostgreSQL.
- Competitive salary.
- Great work environment in convenient location (City Center 12th St BART Station in Oakland).
- Free snacks, tea, coffee.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- 401K contribution.
- 21 paid days off a year + 9 holidays.
- Medical/dental/vision coverage.
- Commuter benefits.