The nonprofit Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) convenes diverse stakeholders, including physician organizations, hospitals and health systems, health plans, purchasers and consumers committed to high-value integrated care that improves quality and affordability for patients across California and the nation.
Reporting to the Manager of Data Operations, IHA is looking for a Data Analyst to conduct data validation, develop reasonability checks, and provide insights in support of recurring program needs, business development efforts, and health policy technical assistance. The ideal candidate is thoughtful, organized, efficient, and a flexible team player with excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills. Keen attention to detail, a deep intuition for visualizing data structures and anticipating key data issues are essential. This is a unique opportunity to work within an experienced team who leads challenging projects that move the needle on key health care industry pain points in California.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the data intake validation process and ensure effective translation of technical requirements for internal and external clients.
- Document, implement, and continuously improve reporting and analysis. This work will include data file aggregation, validation of a variety of data sources, and comprehension of clinical quality, utilization and cost data.
- Support engineering and operations teams in data validation, data ingestion, file layout creation, benchmarking, and tailored analysis.
- Clearly and concisely summarize data and provide analytic insights to inform decision making for internal and external clients.
- Query datasets from highly normalized databases.
- Generate program results and deliverables based on a variety of IHA developed methodologies.
- Any other duties or ad hoc modeling as required to ensure data analytics operations are successful.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Work Experience:
- BA/BS in STEM discipline, public health, statistics or related field with emphasis on analytical or quantitative skills
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Passion for healthcare data
- Intermediate knowledge of Python, STATA, or R or an equivalent programming language in order to analyze large datasets and support automation
- Intermediate knowledge of Tableau
- Proficiency in SQL
- Have exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Well versed in combing through datasets, performing thorough validations and building impactful data visualizations.
- Experience executing on multiple deliverables under tight deadlines
Bonus if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Public Health or related discipline
- Experience with Google Suite, Smartsheets, and/or Atlassian project management suite
- Experience with HEDIS measurement, claims-based data, or health information systems
- Competitive salary
- Subsidized gym memberships
- 401K contribution
- 20 paid days off per year (includes the week between Christmas and New Year’s)
- 10 holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter benefits
US work authorization is a prerequisite to employment for this position.
Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) brings the healthcare industry community together to solve industry-wide challenges that stand in the way of high-value care. As a non-profit industry association, we use our decades of expertise, objective data, and our unique role as a trusted facilitator to make the healthcare system work better for everyone. We provide insights that help the healthcare system continuously improve. We build new tools that simplify how the industry works together. And we provide a forum for cross-industry leaders – through our board and programs – to have honest conversations that guide the future of healthcare.
More Jobs on Planted
San Francisco, CA
Women's Global Leadership Initiative
San Mateo, CA