This job is no longer active
The nonprofit Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) convenes diverse stakeholders, including physician organizations, hospitals and health systems, health plans, purchasers and consumers committed to high-value integrated care that improves quality and affordability for patients across California and the nation.
The Integrated Healthcare Association is a non-profit multi-stakeholder leadership group that promotes health care quality improvement, accountability, and affordability for the benefit of all Californians. IHA members represent the most diverse and influential cross section of healthcare organizations across California. With trusted data and collaborative programs, we serve as a catalyst by forging common ground and initiating, coordinating, and managing projects that address delivery system challenges. IHA was founded in 1994, has about 40 employees, and is located in downtown Oakland.
IHA is looking for a passionate and experienced Product Manager to support the Symphony Provider Directory. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a team that is leading a big and challenging project that will move the needle on a key health care industry pain point.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the vision and strategy for the product with data-driven decisions.
- Maintain and communicate product roadmap to all key stakeholders; inspire buy-in Create clear goals for the product, plan and prioritize projects to meet business and user needs.
- Advocate for the user with user-centered design, delivering a high value product Translate customer needs into actionable technical and design specifications for engineers.
- Gather and develop requirements, managing and prioritizing product backlog, software acceptance, and release planning.
- Collaborate with Sales and Business Development to demonstrate the product and speak to value proposition.
- Draft release notes and collaborate with Marketing to disseminate content effectively.
- Collaborate with Client Operations for new feature training.
- Research new industry product trends to remain competitive in the marketplace.
- Oversee quality testing to ensure product meets highest usability threshold.
- Manage relationships with technology and design vendors, build processes for optimal collaboration.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Work Experience
- BS/BA; related field.
- 3-5 years experience in product management.
- Proven product management experience with high quality work.
- Track record of delivering results while collaborating with a variety of teams.
- Self-starter, takes initiative and moves things forward.
- Analytical, data-driven decision-maker.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Healthcare knowledge and understand the dynamics between healthcare payers, provider organizations, and purchasers.
- Efficient and effective. You’re a creative and effective communicator who is selective in the methods you use to gather and disseminate information.
- Leader. You can inspire a team. Can set direction for complex IT projects.
- Absorb technical concepts quickly and communicate to non-technical teams.
- Understand the perspective of regulators, policy makers.
- Technical writer.
- Early adopter of technology. Comfortable using new tools and new processes.
- Familiar with product development methodologies like Lean and sAFE and can guide the team on how to use them Bonus points if you have; Knowledge of industry standard healthcare message specifications, such as HL7, FHIR and EDI X12.
- Healthcare industry experience, preferably within the California delivery system.
- Experience with clinical software systems or electronic health record (EHR) systems, including certification, management, or maintenance of HITECH, HITRUST.
- Competitive salary with potential for 15% bonus based on performance.
- Great work environment in convenient location (City Center 12th St BART Station in Oakland).
- Free snacks, tea, coffee, and wine tasting on Friday afternoons; pool/ping pong table in the office.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- 401K contribution.
- 20 paid days off a year + 10 holidays.
- Medical/dental/vision coverage.
- Commuter benefits Permanent US work authorization is a prerequisite to employment for this position.