The nonprofit Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) convenes diverse stakeholders, including physician organizations, hospitals and health systems, health plans, purchasers and consumers committed to high-value integrated care that improves quality and affordability for patients across California and the nation.
About the job:
The Technical Program Manager will provide program leadership to Product and Technology workstreams, creating project charters, defining scope and building process definition while developing/overseeing requirements gathering, project plans and weekly status reports. The Technical Program Manager will support the change control process, and drive issue/risk mitigation associated with scope, schedule, resources, and budget. S/he will work closely with the program team, program leaders, technology partners and vendors to drive deliverables for successful program completion.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate to build, implement, and orchestrate projects that comprise IHA programs for key stakeholders, including health plans and vendor partners.
- Establish and manage expectations and relationships across the organization and with key stakeholders to achieve program goals.
- Work with internal team, assigned health plans and external vendor partners to ensure alignment of goals, timelines, requirements, expectations, and resolve any issues and/or escalations.
- Lead development of business, technical requirements and Jira tickets for assigned projects
- Facilitate Scrum of Scrum (SOS) meetings with vendor partners and key health plans
- Manage the scope, timeline and deliverables for complex technical projects or technical workstreams
- Coordinate with product managers and program directors to align program goals and milestones with stakeholder and business strategy objectives.
- Gather diverse perspectives to inform program plans and decisions.
- Resolve differences, adapt to unexpected events, and facilitate change to achieve outcomes; provide timely guidance to cross-functional stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Ensure effective teamwork and communication with key stakeholders and that all partner needs are being addressed.
- Provide timely and effective program status updates to senior management and recommend potential corrective actions as appropriate.
- Ensure that IHA’s process methodologies, templates, and tools are properly applied to all programs.
- Contribute to the refinement of program management methodologies within IHA. Improve development and business processes continuously within programs.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Work Experience:
- BA/BS degree
- 5-10 years’ experience in technical project management
- Experience leading complex project workstreams involving a variety of stakeholders
- Project Management Methodology
- Product Management Lifecycle, Software Development Lifecycle
- Strong understanding of the CA healthcare delivery system
- Knowledge of SAFe, Agile, or other related product or software development disciplines
- Familiarity with information security
- Communicate effectively with program team, vendors and key stakeholders; build and maintain positive relationships
- Strong initiative and superior productivity. Ability to manage multiple tasks in an organized fashion. Strong sense of priorities and objectives.
- Competitive salary
- Great work environment in convenient location (City Center 12th St BART Station in Oakland)
- Free snacks, tea, and coffee
- Subsidized gym memberships
- 401K contribution
- 20 paid days off a year + 10 holidays
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- Commuter benefits
The Integrated Healthcare Association is a non-profit multi-stakeholder leadership group that promotes health care quality improvement, accountability, and affordability for the benefit of all Californians. IHA members represent the most diverse and influential cross section of healthcare organizations across California. With trusted data and collaborative programs, we serve as a catalyst by forging common ground and initiating, coordinating, and managing projects that address delivery system challenges. IHA was founded in 1994, has about 40 employees, and is located in downtown Oakland.