We lead businesses to grow and adapt through strategic consulting and digital media excellence.
We are January Digital, The Digital Leadership Company. We solve business challenges through media, analytics, and strategic vision. January Digital was founded with the vision to go beyond the standard agency relationship by providing true business leadership. Our goal is to develop full-funnel marketers into strategic business leaders.
We are looking for a motivated, and goal-oriented Associate Director to join our team. You will manage all aspects of a client’s digital marketing portfolio from top of funnel brand media through bottom of funnel performance media. The platforms you will manage will include (but are not limited to) paid search, paid social, Facebook/Instagram Ads, Pinterest Ads, programmatic display, SEO, influencers, connected TV, digital out of home, Amazon Advertising, etc.
In addition to channel knowledge and management you will serve as a main point of contact for our clients and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders on the client side. You will also manage multiple direct reports and own their development and growth within the company.
To succeed in this role, you should embrace learning new things in a quickly changing industry, you should have an in-depth knowledge of paid search and paid social marketing channels, past client management and relationship building experience, team management experience, and you should be comfortable with stepping out of your comfort zone.
If this sounds like you, we welcome you to apply with us.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the client relationship and act as the lead point of contact for all client requests.
- Seeking opportunities to advance the client relationship and identify new business opportunities.
- Developing a deep understanding of each client’s business, industry, and competition.
- Bringing strategic and innovative ideas to client engagements.
- Ownership of deliverables, priorities, tactical execution of marketing campaigns.
- Leading weekly client status calls, quarterly business reviews, and other client meetings.
- Interpreting results from various analytics sources to ensure client’s goals are being met and identify areas for improvement.
- Leading the development of integrated marketing plans across multiple channels (paid search, SEO, brand media, programmatic display, paid social, etc.).
- Serving as quality control for all deliverables.
- Overseeing account and specialist teams on a project and client basis.
- Managing your respective Account Management team along with their client book of business to provide the highest level of client service.
- Strategizing and executing large-scale client marketing programs.
- Collaborating with account services and data/analytics teams to develop and implement integrated marketing solutions.
- Participating in various aspects of new business pitches.
- Providing weekly reporting with a focus to provide actionable insights.
- Collaborating with senior leadership to problem solve staffing challenges.
- Conducting performance reviews and creating development plans for direct reports.
- Implementing policies and procedures to ensure the account services team is meeting and exceeding goals.
- Motivating, recognizing, and rewarding outstanding performance.
- Staying current on emerging technology changes and innovations through formal and informal study, business and professional publication consumption, networking, and participation in professional organizations; ensure account services team is educated on this information.
- Participating with senior leadership to problem solve company challenges and to work toward the achievement of company growth goals.
- Providing regular account updates to senior leadership.
- 5+ years of experience within an agency environment required
- 3+ years managerial experience preferred
- 5-7+ years’ experience marketing in digital channels – search (organic and paid), social, display, programmatic, and video.
- Experience working with creative and development teams to produce and iterate digital assets.
- Ability to produce cohesive media plans and go to market strategies for complex clients.
- Experience driving ROAS, lead gen, and subscription-based programs.
- Analytical and logical; standard strategic marketing skills (competitive assessment, industry analysis, SWOT, etc.).
- Solid and proven ability to lead and rally a team.
- The ability to work in a “team structure” that fosters collaboration.
- An energetic attitude and passion for your career.
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- An exceptional and rigorous marketing professional, with experience driving revenue growth through the full marketing funnel (awareness, acquisition, conversion, engagement, retention) and across the marketing mix (brand media and performance media).
- A strong strategic thinker, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data and insights into strong, cohesive marketing strategies.
- Able optimize campaigns to drive revenue growth and deliver on business KPIs, while also capable of building out a strategy that will propel long-term, profitable growth.
- Passionate about brand perception, consumer insights, and the role of awareness in growth and retention strategies.
- Customer-obsessed — you understand our customer and how to speak to her at every point of the marketing funnel.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and are agile and nimble in both leadership and execution.
- A highly collaborative team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small’ attitude.
- An expert at balancing multiple initiatives and prioritizing work effectively.
More Jobs on Planted
New York, NY