KeyMe is a New York City startup revolutionizing the locksmith industry with innovative robotics and mobile technology.
Via artificial intelligence and robotics, KeyMe allows users to store, share, and duplicate their physical keys and RFID cards. Fully automated, self-service key duplicating kiosks can be found in over 2,000 locations in 44 states, inside Bed Bath & Beyond, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, and many other major store chains. Our free mobile app allows users to manage their keys either scanned at a kiosk or from photos so that they can access their keys — no matter the time or place, at a kiosk or via mail order — and never get locked out again.
KeyMe is an exciting, well-funded (over $105 million raised to date) tech company that is solving real consumer pain points. The company expanded its footprint by 5x in 2017 and tripled revenue in 2018. KeyMe is proud to have an open, collaborative, and relaxed atmosphere where bright professionals work hard and enjoy what they do. With the added benefit of a friendly, flexible, and creative working culture, you’ll be joining a forward-thinking team you’d be happy to work with.
About the Role:
KeyMe's Customer Service team is the public face of a fast-growing key-copying and locksmith startup. Customer Experience Representatives are often the only person-to-person point of contact between KeyMe and our customers. In this role, you'll handle a high volume of calls, online chats, and emails from new and existing customers. You’ll also be interacting with people who are in tough lockout situations and need fast, safe, and reliable help — so empathy is an absolute must. The ideal KeyMe Customer Experience Representative is a problem-solver, empathetic, patient, and loves to be of service.
This position is located in Jersey City, NJ.
- Answering incoming customer calls regarding billing issues, product problems, service questions, and general client concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport with every caller.
- Work with the management team to stay updated on product knowledge and be informed of any changes in company policies.
- Impact the company’s bottom line by problem-solving and turning frustrated clients into repeat customers.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints.
- Proven experience providing excellent service to customers.
- At least 1 year of experience in a customer service / call center environment or a satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- High school graduate or evidence of having satisfactorily passed a High School Equivalency Program.
- You can think fast on your feet!
- You love talking to people and can stay calm when our customers are not.
- You know how to manage your time and multitask.
- Availability for evening and weekend shifts a must. Must be able to work some nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Experience handling a high volume of calls and emails from customers or clients a plus.
- Experience using Zendesk, Talkdesk, and/or Google Docs a plus.
- Snacks and drinks in the office!
- Beautiful office in Jersey City overlooking lower Manhattan.
- Paid time off.
- Casual dress code.
- Opportunities for growth within the company.