Kinedu is an app with more than 1,800 creative, science-based activities for parents to do with children 0-4 years old at home to support development.
Kinedu is on a mission to unleash early childhood development at scale by fostering quality learning experiences at home and at school and everywhere in between. The majority of a child’s brain develops in the formative years before he or she enters kindergarden, and yet the early childhood development ecosystem is highly unstructured globally with 66% of children under 2 at home, and 75% of children under 5 in a family care setting, which means unequal opportunity for babies to get the best possible start in life. Parents are busy and struggle to find and apply early childhood principles. Educators in early childhood, while being a fundamental resource for parents all over the world, are consistently in the lowest-paid professions across geographies. All in all, adults in every setting are resource and time-constrained and are expected to provide high-quality care without much support.
Kinedu seeks to change that by providing parents with an iOS and Android app that that presents simple and engaging personalized video-based developmental activities for 0 to 4-year-old children. The Kinedu Skills® model allows families to understand how children are developing. Our catalog of over 2,000 video-based activities is focused on whole-child development and includes hundreds of articles and content focused on reducing uncertainty for parents during the first few years, all available in three languages - English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Kinedu reaches over 500,000 users monthly and has millions of emails in its database, its main markets being the United States, Brazil, and Latin America. Our solution ensures that children's learning has a timely start, and is guided by holistic, science-based guidelines.
Additionally, we have developed products to serve the leaders of center-based early childhood development (daycares, pre-Ks, etc), allowing them to reduce the administrative burden with a SaaS-based back-office product. We have an exciting pipeline of additional products and are at an exciting inflection point of growth.
The Marketing team supports this mission by efficiently acquiring new users to our products globally through insights-driven inbound and outbound efforts, directly accountable for revenue and user growth. Our insights also fuel product enhancements and feature launches.
The Marketing team recently expanded to New York City and is building a team of top marketing talent to take Kinedu to the next level! Join us and give millions of children around the world a better start in life!
What you’ll do:
The Marketing Manager, Inbound will help Kinedu achieve awareness and installation goals by developing the global strategy to attract new users to Kinedu, create a community, and generate engagement through owned and earned channels, implementing the strategy in English channels, including social media communities, direct influencer cultivation and activation, as well as SEO through our blog.
This role will foster a deep sense of community and grow both brand engagement and business KPIs. The role is extremely cross-collaborative, working closely with external agencies, Content, Growth, Insights, and regional counterparts in LATAM and Brazil to expand the role of earned and owned brand channels within national and international campaigns, and reports directly to the CMO.
- Develop global social community strategy and processes for global brand, including content, activation calendars, and standardized response framework in close collaboration with regional counterparts in LATAM and Brazil
- Work closely with Growth team to develop social media campaign calendar as a creative and resonant way to drive scale, amplify the brand story, educate and inspire consumers, while improving social sentiment and recognition
- Develop and deploy global influencer marketing strategy in partnership with regional counterparts in LATAM in Brazil
- Grow and manage social communities in English on Facebook and Instagram
- Cultivate direct relationships with influencers in the US and activate to grow awareness and installs of Kinedu app
- Develop SEO strategy for US in close collaboration with the Content team and regional counterparts in LATAM and Brazil
- Manage app store listings in English (apple store and google play)
- Develop a consistent performance scorecard; track and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs), make strategic optimizations to achieve and exceed goals, and prepare monthly marketing reports
- Manage prioritization, development and approval processes for marketing creative deliverables (English language social media content, paid ads, emails, and blog articles); manage key creator relationships
- Build and lead remote team of 1-2 creatives (designer, copy-writer)
Additional responsibilities this role may grow into:
- Work with external partners to ideate and execute custom programs with the Kinedu audience as an additional advertising revenue stream
- Provide media relations support, working with a PR agency, and monitoring/flagging important news and trends in the US.
What you bring:
- You’ve built amazing social communities and influencer relationships in the past 5-6 years, and are ready to take on more responsibility and ownership. You love professional development and can help us expand outside social media to SEO and maybe even PR.
- Crazy good project manager: multi-tasking, prioritization, detail orientation, flawless execution with outstanding ability to meet tight deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Strategic thinking: be able to see the broader picture for how each communication effort fits into the business strategy
- You love building strong relationships: with co-workers near and far, with social media influencers, with moms, with your creative team, with external partners
- Great communication skills and "EQ" for managing (creative) people
- Strong intellectual curiosity and love of problem-solving with passion for driving action and making direct impact on business outcomes
- Proactive, you don’t wait for the solution to be handed down to you
- Thrive in a fast-paced, globally distributed, start-up environment
- Experience working on mobile apps is a plus
- Must love babies!
What You’ll Get:
- Opportunity to join a founding team at a more established start up, with the chance to build the NYC team and office culture
- Medical, dental, vision benefits; ability to contribute to 401K
- Pre-tax commuter, FSA benefits
- To fulfill our mission supporting families, we are offering back-up childcare assistance either center-based or reimbursed home-based care, with access to an on-demand nanny network