Kover is creating a new category of insurance that gives consumers peace of mind over everyday activities.
Kover is a technology company that builds micropremium products at scale. Businesses of every size - from startups to public companies - embed our micropremium products to increase conversion, retention and profit margin. We're backed by Foundation Capital, MetLife and other top investors in fintech.
As a Sales Development Representative you are the first impression that Kover will make with all of our future partners, you are critical to our growth goals through 2021 and beyond. You’ll sit on the fast-growing distribution team and build a solid pipeline of potential partners - who you engage through thoughtful, proactive outreach. This role is ideal for a highly motivated self-starter who is resilient, enthusiastic and creative in how they approach their responsibilities.
This is a contract-to-hire position with the goal to convert to a permanent member of staff based on performance.
What you'll be doing
- Qualifying leads and making the first contact with those accounts to generate interest
- Identifying key stakeholders through research, social media monitoring, and messaging
- Leveraging outbound lead channels such as cold calling, email and social media to qualify and set business development meetings
- Working with the leadership and Business Development teams to define and execute on monthly business development goals
- Achieving BD Targets and drive the top of funnel process forward for the business
- Gathering and reporting on account intel, industry trends and competitive intelligence
- 0-2 years of sales or relevant customer-facing experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency
- A strong mix of tenacity and curiosity to help educate potential customers
- A relentless approach to achieving goals and resilience in the face of a challenge
- The motivation to develop your sales acumen and a passion to accelerate your career
- The desire to get in on the ground floor, and help build a rocket ship
- Familiarity with modern CRM’s and other sales tools
- Previous experience working at an early-stage startup
More Jobs on Planted